FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Trader Vic's Las Vegas Mug - What drink was served?
Trader Vic's Las Vegas Mug - What drink was served?
ronrocks56

Posted: 2011-07-20 1:41 pm   Permalink

I have purchased a couple mugs on ebay from the Trader Vic's Las Vegas. They are a hula girl leaning on a barrel that reads "Trader Vic's Las Vegas' on it. They are a 2 piece mug - the top has the hole for the straw.
Does anyone know what drink was originally served in these mugs? I have been watching ebay for a LAs Vegas drink menu - hoping a picture of the inside pages would have a drawing and a drink name/description - but no luck so far. Thanks!

View Profile of ronrocks56 Send a personal message to ronrocks56      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-20 11:42 pm   Permalink

It sounds you like you are talking about the "Hula Gal on the barrel mug". They served whatever drink you wanted in it--no special Las Vegas only drinks that I recall. I have menu covers for sale on my eBay site, and I'm sure I must have a drink menu somewhere (not for sale). I don't remember any special Vegas only cocktails.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 03:26 am   Permalink

As far as I remember, the Las vegas TV's had no special LV drinks on their menu. Everything I did try there was mediocre. I, too, have a menu somewhere; if/when I find it, I'll make sure.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ronrocks56

Posted: 2011-07-30 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks, "mrsmiley" and "TorchGuy".

I guess I will study a TV Drink Menu and designate my own TV drink to serve in this mug.
Something that doesn't need any garnish.

I have a lot of the TV specialty mugs, so a lot of drinks are taken.

I believe I have purchased a couple of my TV mugs from you on ebay "1957sputnik" - thanks for the smooth transaction!

View Profile of ronrocks56 Send a personal message to ronrocks56      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 8:55 pm   Permalink

I don't remember them having a special drink either.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation