FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Surf Guitar Lessons with Jason Lee @ Tiki Oasis 11
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Surf Guitar Lessons with Jason Lee @ Tiki Oasis 11
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 12:04 am   Permalink

Hey Everyone !

I am so pleased to be doing this Event and Spreading the Love of Surf Guitar.

I wanted to create a Topic that people can ask questions about the Event and Most Importantly, provide input on anything you guys and gals would like to see or learn during the symposium.

Remember. I'm gonna have about 10 or more amps set up as well as a mixer in case we get more guitarists showing up so we'll be covered.

BRING YOUR GUITAR. I Will have a decent amount there but I would like you to learn on yours. Comfort if the key here. I can even give you tips on the setup of your guitar etc.

Post or Pass the Flyer if you'd like. I'd like to get a good amount of people there.
I promise if we have a big turn out i can help you one on one throughout the Weekend. Even i have to show you in our room at the Plaza.

Remember, you can Catch Jason Lee & the Riptides two times throughout Oasis as well.
We will be Playing Poolside on Friday Afternoon and with Thee Swank Bastards Sat Night at their Room party about 11pm.

Thanks so much Everyone !

Jason Lee

[ This Message was edited by: JasonLeeSurf 2011-07-22 00:07 ]

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 12:23 pm   Permalink

ooo I wish I played the guitar. I'll for certain catch you during the shows. Have you been scooped up to play any room parties?

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 2:08 pm   Permalink

We are playing Sat Night with Thee Swank Bastards at thier Room Party. Around 11pm

Remember... We play Poolside on Friday as well.
That's the show to see

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-29 4:00 pm   Permalink

awesome thanks for the info!

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-03 11:15 am   Permalink

I know some more tickets have been sold.

Please post anything you wanna see or learn at the Symposium.

Thanks

Jason Lee

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 12:13 am   Permalink

Jason,
can you give me a Surf Bass Lesson?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 09:55 am   Permalink

I am signing up !! I play stoner rock, and some Punk. I am a guitar player, but not a musician by any means. I wanna learn some surf. Headed to the Tiki Oasis website right now. BTD I say go go go.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 10:11 am   Permalink

Sweet I committed . Who else is in?

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 10:07 pm   Permalink

What? you should be committed?
If I was better at guitar, I would do it.
but I know my limitations with the bass,
and there I will stay.
I may sit in and watch/listen if Jason will allow me.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 12:46 pm   Permalink

Spermy !

Thanks for Signing up !
Please if their is anything particular style wise you want to learn post it here. IE: Strumming, chords, effects etc let me know.

I want to narrow down what everyone wants to learn.

Jeff,
I think were gonna have you sit in the chair next to me and play the bass (but we wont plug you in) : )

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 1:23 pm   Permalink

BTW Everyone !

I'm giving Freebies away,on me, at the Symposium.
So you will more than make up for the $10 too : )

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 1:27 pm   Permalink

Please pass this Flyer on for me too !
Our Set is REALLY cool with some surprises in store.

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 5:20 pm   Permalink

Jason,
I don't wanna sound like a total retard but I am interested in the basics for now. I am a little rusty as of late. I haven't played in a while since my last band broke up. I also just moved to a new home so like I said I am a little rusty. I haven't attempted to play Surf , ever. Do I need to bring any effects? I have a Holy Grail, wah, and a bitchen fuzz factory peddle I have never used, yet. Ha Ha I am hoping this will put a little spark up my ass and wanna play, more. I promise I will be a good student. Thanks for doing this.

If I think of anything I want to learn I'll let you know. I am a big fan of Noise and Fuzz, but I also like all the traditional stuff, too.

I think I am just going to bring my Mustang, cause it is small and easy to carry around.

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2011-08-09 17:22 ]

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 6:06 pm   Permalink

Spermies,

Bring your grail equipped with a battery and an extra cable.
your mustang is perfect. Make sure you have the bar for it too.

It sounds like your at a good basic level.
I'm gonna teach three single riffs at the event.

I think one simple, and two intermediate.

I'm also going to cover how to get classic sounds with modern pedals so you dont have to spend all the dough on Vintage.
Also, settings on amps and all that jazz

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 6:08 pm   Permalink

Also, Sperms, In honor of you i might do a 60's Fuzz Riff
with some of my Fuzz pedals so bring that fuzz too.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation