FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Surf Guitar Lessons with Jason Lee @ Tiki Oasis 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Surf Guitar Lessons with Jason Lee @ Tiki Oasis 11
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 7:51 pm   Permalink

I'd love to be part of this but as i'm coming all the way from Australia i won't have a guitar with me. I've played for many years but haven't touched a guitar since my last band broke up a couple of years ago. Guess I can look on and learn some tips anyway - is it included in the VIP deluxe pass?

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 12:41 am   Permalink

Harro,

I will have extra guitars and amps there, so you can plug in and play.
Dont worry if you havent played in a while. I will have something simple
but fun in the beggining.

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 05:33 am   Permalink

I am sooo bummed I won't be there for this!!!! But this year Hawaii calls....

Jason will you be doing a video so those that can't make it can dig it?

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 10:35 am   Permalink

Beach Bummy,

Sorry, We will not be filming this one.
It's a private event.

My Wife and I were there recently so i dont blame ya-

Have fun !

JL

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ESP182
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-10 11:07 am   Permalink

Signed up for the symposium and looking forward to it!! Will there be a jam session poolside with all class participants...would be awesome Just saying.

Any chance to learn Misirluo - rhythm and/or lead?

[ This Message was edited by: ESP182 2011-08-10 11:10 ]

View Profile of ESP182 Send a personal message to ESP182      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 12:17 pm   Permalink

Great ESP !

I think I might do something a little simpler than the Misirluo lead but the rhythm might be a good idea.

marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-10 12:42 pm   Permalink

Whoa! I just put 2&2 together, your the dude who does all the you-tube vids! I love your lessons, easy to follow and super cool. I was away from the guitar for a lot of years, got a new Fender Deluxe Strat and have been watching your lessons online. I am so in! See ya there.
~Brad

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 1:20 pm   Permalink

Sounds Great Brad !

Remember to get tickets on the TO Website to insure
you get in.

It's Limited Numbers

Bring your guitar and lets rock !

Any particular playing styles that you wanted to learn?

I'm trying to put together a comprehensive mix in only one hour.

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-07 10:11, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Sweet I committed . Who else is in?

I'm in. Looks like I'll be lugging my Strat down to San Diego! I'll head on over after I make sure that the Car Show is running smoothly.

I have the Deluxe VIP ticket, does that mean that I'm covered for this gig? Let me know. See ya in San Diego!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-10 3:44 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, already got my ticket! Jason, i was hoping to play your Reverend Horton Heat model Gretsch and then steal it when you aren't looking haha! I dig all your you tube lessons, but like the rockabilly ones the best.
Bill, get someone to cover the car show for one hour and lets go!

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2011-08-10 15:44, marion-n-brad wrote:
Jason, i was hoping to play your Reverend Horton Heat model Gretsch and then steal it when you aren't looking haha!

I have a similar guitar, the Brian Setzer Gretsch, but I don't think I'm gonna bring it down to San Diego. Especially now!

Quote:
Bill, get someone to cover the car show for one hour and lets go!

That's what John Fulton and Rob Bennett are for! lol Let's DO IT!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 5:49 pm   Permalink

Stoked !!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 6:07 pm   Permalink

Looks like we have a cool Event goin' Here

Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-11 10:44 pm   Permalink

I’m in too and stoked! I signed myself and a buddy up for this last week. I have never been in a band or anything but just dink around with the guitar and am a surf rock enthusiast.

My only concern is showing up to this with a hangover and really stinking up the place with my already limited skills. I guess you pays your money you takes your chances.

As far as the content…
I’ll appreciate you spending time going over the gear. My equipment is pretty budget-rate but suited for my skill set. Any advice on strings, pedals, effects and so on would also be very cool.
I think the beginner to intermediate plan previously mentioned will work for me.

Thanks for putting this on for such an affordable price. What a deal!!

Can’t wait to see everyone there,
SK

[ This Message was edited by: Sofa King 2011-08-14 13:44 ]

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 11:33 am   Permalink

Sofa,

I truly appreciate you letting me know what you would like to see.
I am going to cover a lot of getting a vintage tone but with a modern budget and modern equip.

In general the majority is going to be a beginner to intermediate level. I dont want to go over too many heads on the lessons
cause it can be uncomfortable for some.

This way we can hopefully pull off a jam-along or have some people come up to demonstrate with me.

I am really going to touch on the breakdown of a surf lead.
IE: Playing a lead over rhythm guitar

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation