FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vic's Portland -- The Wait is Over.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Portland -- The Wait is Over.
Lucky Jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-11 8:14 pm   Permalink

Well, since nobody else is posting pics... I guess it's up to me

Here is an update on those tikis outside... They moved them back, and put them up on bamboo platforms. They also installed up-lighting in the sidewalk.
They look great! Sorry for the crappy pic, I only had my phone on me last night.

Looking in from the front door!

Mask in the bathroom hallway.

Looking into a booth from the side.

The Bar!

Seating behind the bar.

Upper lounge area.

View Profile of Lucky Jackson Send a personal message to Lucky Jackson  Goto the website of Lucky Jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-11 11:43 pm   Permalink

THAAANK you, finally a sign of life! And alive it seems, good. Not jam-packed, but lively, which is great for any establishment that opened right at the onset of another economic plunge. I say let's escape all the harsh realities outside, and drop anchor at an exotic port of call such as this!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 3:22 pm   Permalink

Wow, based on these pics, they at least got the decor right.
Really looks like a Vic's should!

I'll be there next week to check it out!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-16 08:19 am   Permalink

Wife and I will be in Portland soon, can't wait to stop in...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-21 01:20 am   Permalink

Quickly:

Stopped in for a fast drink on Friday.

Although it is on a busy street corner in a trendy neighborhood, the daylight fades fast as you get towards the core of the place; sitting at the bar deep inside the concentrically-designed space feels exactly like being in a Trader Vic's ought to.

When I lamented the lack of Tortuga on the menu, bartender went off of the abridged menu to make it for me, and wouldn't hear otherwise when I protested... she was great, smiling, friendly.

More comments shall be posted elsewhere, but my first impression was very positive. One of the better Neo-Vic's I've seen in a while. Yay!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 1:58 pm   Permalink

Trader Vic's Portland is doing well. We've been going multiple times per week and it's always packed. Just tried to make a dinner reservation through opentable and it said it was booked for the next 8 weeks. Way to go, Vic!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki kupcake 2011-08-24 15:19 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-22 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-22 13:58, Tiki Kupcake wrote:
Trader Vic's Portland is doing well. We've been going multiple times per week and it's always packed. Just tried to make a dinner reservation through opentable and it said it was booked for the next 8 weeks. Wat to go, Vic!

It must be the time you picked, as I just booked on the 30th. (Only 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM, and 9:30 PM were available.)

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 5:25 pm   Permalink

Wow, that is astounding! But you can just do a walk-in at the bar, right?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-22 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-22 17:25, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow, that is astounding! But you can just do a walk-in at the bar, right?

Yes, and in the upper lounge area as well... but the last few times that I've gone to the bar, I've had to stand for a bit until a seat opened up. Business seems to be great, even during the middle of the week!

View Profile of Lucky Jackson Send a personal message to Lucky Jackson  Goto the website of Lucky Jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-22 16:02, MikeyTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 13:58, Tiki Kupcake wrote:
Trader Vic's Portland is doing well. We've been going multiple times per week and it's always packed. Just tried to make a dinner reservation through opentable and it said it was booked for the next 8 weeks. Wat to go, Vic!

It must be the time you picked, as I just booked on the 30th. (Only 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM, and 9:30 PM were available.)

Weird. I tried from 6-9:30.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 4:21 pm   Permalink

A newly opened Tiki temple that is filled to the hilt everyday, in this economic climate !? Thank you PORTLAND for proving it is possible!

MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-24 5:12 pm   Permalink

And for those of you that don't know Sneaky Tiki and the Lava Lounge Orchestra is going to be playing at Trader Vic's on the 30th: Sneaky Tiki and the Lava Lounge Orchestra plays Trader Vic's

If you missed their performance during the recent TikiKon this would be a good opportunity to hear them!

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 10:59 pm   Permalink

Do it right and it will succeed,
do it wrong, or in the wrong area,
and disaster.

the Jury is still out on Downtown LA,
I am not a fan of that area.

Can't wait to get up to Portland sometime
this Vics is on my to do list for sure.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Trader
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-05 9:39 pm   Permalink

Now that the euphoria of opening a new place has had its time I thought I would add my experience. Based on my visit a couple weeks ago, this TVs has to start sweating the details. While the bar was relatively busy this weeknight two hours before closing my friend and I were able to find seats at the bar. Service was efficient, though brusque. I was given a damp, wrinkled, and torn drink menu. The bar was need of a wiping down, which it never received. On the upside, the Tiki Puka Pukas and Honi Honi we had seemed to be nicely mixed.

TT

View Profile of Tonga Trader Send a personal message to Tonga Trader      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-13 11:07 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple great picture of the front door!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation