FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events JOHN-O's Highbrow/Lowbrow Downtown L.A. Bar Crawl (Part I) coming soon... AFTER Sept 24th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
JOHN-O's Highbrow/Lowbrow Downtown L.A. Bar Crawl (Part I) coming soon... AFTER Sept 24th
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 11:55 am   Permalink

UPDATE - I've fallen behind on the logistics for the Tiki bar BUS thing. It was much more planning than I had anticipated. Maybe in 2012.

Instead for now I'm going to do a more conventional walking crawl in Downtown LA.

Go to page 2 for more details...

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-08-27 09:25 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-26 12:06 pm   Permalink

Woohoo! Count Soccertiki and I in on WHATEVER kind of crawl you plan

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-26 12:25 pm   Permalink

What happened to Telescopes? Wasn't he supposed to be helping with this?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 1:11 pm   Permalink

Telescopes is fronting half of the "start-up" costs as well as sharing 50% of the financial exposure.

I was waiting on the opening of a new Tiki bar in West Hollywood which I just learned from Bamboo Ben does not look promising.

I still need to figure out internet pre-payment, bus logistics (like where can the bus park for an hour at each location?), and liability insurance.

Regardless, something will be planned for that date and it will be FUN !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-26 1:44 pm   Permalink

Would like to attend the tour.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 12:39 am   Permalink

Looks like I crawled out of a rock just in time. I hope I can make it. Is there a thread or info for a sign up?

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 10:29 am   Permalink

I'm always down for a crawl. Looking forward to updates!

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-27 00:39, Chippy wrote:
Looks like I crawled out of a rock just in time. I hope I can make it. Is there a thread or info for a sign up?

Chippy, more info will be forthcoming. Like my prior events, I like to manage the logistics via regular email so I know what the exact headcount will be (and in case TC goes down). I have your work email, so don't worry you're in the loop.

If anyone else is interested, please PM me your personal email ID (unless we've corresponded before, then I already have you in my TC Excel spreadsheet )

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 11:18 am   Permalink

John-O has a Tiki Spreadsheet!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-28 08:46 am   Permalink

Just received a message through the Coconut Wire... Bong is In, Please add him to the crawl list

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-29 09:42 am   Permalink

Thanks John....

Starting to save my pennies now.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-04 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-26 13:11, JOHN-O wrote:
Telescopes is fronting half of the "start-up" costs as well as sharing 50% of the financial exposure.

I was waiting on the opening of a new Tiki bar in West Hollywood which I just learned from Bamboo Ben does not look promising.

I still need to figure out internet pre-payment, bus logistics (like where can the bus park for an hour at each location?), and liability insurance.

Regardless, something will be planned for that date and it will be FUN !!

Such is the best of help.
Many thanks to you both.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-05 5:07 pm   Permalink

I am still around. I've been out of the country for much of the summer... Far from the land of tiki.

My many thanks to John for being the glue that makes these bar hops hoppible.

Everyone who want on the nautical bar crawl knows that the crawls put together by John rule!!!

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 9:05 pm   Permalink

A "made man" in the Moai Mafia made me a Tiki offer I couldn't refuse.

As a result I'm going to reschedule my Sept 17th bar crawl. Actually that will be quite easy as it was turning out to be a walking crawl rather than the bus crawl.

You should attend
this worthy event on that Sat instead.

Stay tuned for JOHN-O's High-Brow/Low-Brow Downtown L.A. Bar Crawl (Part I) scheduled for another weekend.

FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:27 pm   Permalink

***perks up**
Downtown bar crawl?!?!?!?
You know I am in.
As far as bus parking for a bit.
Santa Con gets buses every year.
I will try to get more info if you need it!

aka The Filthy Midget

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation