FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Modern Caveman Cocktails: Low Carb 'Paleo' Drink Recipes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Modern Caveman Cocktails: Low Carb 'Paleo' Drink Recipes
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-19 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-18 11:55, AceExplorer wrote:
This information makes me want to take some of my rums and, with an eye dropper, deposit two or three drops of each on a clean plate to evaporate. I wonder how much would be left behind from each as the rum evaporated?

It's not scientific, but it would be very easy to do.

Actually, AceExplorer, that's a great idea for anyone with access to a good lab scale, accurate to one milligram. Weight a piece of filter paper or paper towel, then pour 1 milliliter of test rum onto the paper. Let it absorb, then evaporate, then weigh it again. How many more milligrams (if any) does the paper weigh? That's about how many grams of sugar per liter, for the test rum.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2014-07-20 10:17 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-21 07:18 am   Permalink

Thanks, LimboLizard. So a lab scale is one more thing I "need to buy" for my bar! lol...

Actually, I do use a small digital postal scale when I make my Falernum and other syrups. But that's not good enough for the type of test we're talking about here.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation