FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disney Adventure Island?
Disney Adventure Island?
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:27 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2011-08-01 22:01 ]

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:39 am   Permalink

There is a water park in Tampa named Adventure Island. Did you purchase these on Disney property?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 12:54 pm   Permalink

A Link....
Adventure Island

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 1:36 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2011-08-01 22:01 ]

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-29 3:31 pm   Permalink

Well, Disney has in the past put out items for sale that feature artwork or themes that don't pertain to any real world Disney locale, event, or attraction.

Example: Years ago I purchased a t-shirt decorated with Donald Duck having a bad day with an encumbrance of fishing gear as he walks along a path in front of a rustic cabin. His foot is caught in the bail handle of a battered metal pail splashing water, the hook on the end of a wildly flailing fishing line emanating from his rod has snagged the hat right off his head, and his tackle box has sprung open spilling a few lures, Donald is obviously not a happy camper.

The shirt advertises "Uncle Walt's Fishing Lodge" above with the tag line of "One visit and you're hooked!" below in smaller print.

There is no such Disney locale.

Looks like you purchased what is just some interesting Disney Tiki themed souvenir artwork, enjoy it, as I did my shirt.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 01:18 am   Permalink

Those were all available for sale last year at the gift shop across from the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland. I bought them all as well as the matching shot glasses.

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 3:05 pm   Permalink

Isn't there an Adventure Island at Disneyland Paris? I thought that is what their version of Tom Sawyer Island is called.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 11:09 am   Permalink

Very close, they call it
Adventure Isle though. Not much of an island as a walkway gets you onto the "Isle." Looks like it has the rope bridges and whatnot, pirate theme too it appears. So THAT'S what happened to Captain Hook's ship and skull rock.

In Hong Kong the Jungle Cruise goes around the equivalent of Rivers of America and the jungle scenes are on the island.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation