Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Trader Vics 1944 Mai Tai
Trader Vics 1944 Mai Tai
mattesq
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-03 2:15 pm   Permalink

I was recently at Trader Vics enjoying a "1944 Mai Tai" and I realized that it tastes nothing like the Mai Tais I make at home, which are based on what should be the same recipe. Is their Mai Tai different than the famous recipe we all know? Is it the use of Trader Vics brand rum, or syrups? The ice they use? I would like to make a drink with an identical flavor profile. Anyone know the secret?

View Profile of mattesq Send a personal message to mattesq      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-03 3:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-03 14:15, mattesq wrote:
I was recently at Trader Vics enjoying a "1944 Mai Tai" and I realized that it tastes nothing like the Mai Tais I make at home, which are based on what should be the same recipe. Is their Mai Tai different than the famous recipe we all know? Is it the use of Trader Vics brand rum, or syrups? The ice they use? I would like to make a drink with an identical flavor profile. Anyone know the secret?

What are you using?

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation