FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Rumours confirmed. Hukilau Brown to make inaugural visit to Seattle!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Rumours confirmed. Hukilau Brown to make inaugural visit to Seattle!
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-04 02:20 am   Permalink

Aloha Groovy Pacific Northwest Tiki Tribe!

I'll be in SeaTac on a super secret mission from June 5-12 and will stay in the area to play until Saturday the 14th.

The only thing I've committed to is peeing somewhere on Microsoft property.

Always up for the unique and super memorable only in (Seattle) experiences.

Tiki/Lounge/Cacophonous/Cool/Wierd/Plain ol' Fun?

Other Haps?

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

[ This Message was edited by: hukilau brown on 2003-06-04 02:21 ]

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 10:42 am   Permalink

Alright! When, exactly, are you free to play? If you don't have plans for this Saturday & Sunday, I'll be driving down to Portland for the season opener of Castaway Cove, and you should definitely join me for that if you can. On Tuesdays, Selector Lopaka spins tunes in Ballard, and I haven't had a chance to check that out yet, perhaps next Tuesday is the time to finally do it?

Other than those events, I'd be pleased as punch to show you around town. The only thing we really have that comes close to a tiki bar is 'Ohana in Belltown. I haven't been in ages, so we should go there. Luau near Greenlake doesn't feel particularly tiki, but the drinks are served in mugs, and the food is actually quite good.

I grew up here in Seattle, and live in a cool, funky neighborhood (Fremont), so if you want to see the town, you're talking to the right girl!

Who's up for joining me in showing Hukilau Brown a good time?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-04 10:42, Humuhumu wrote:

Who's up for joining me in showing Hukilau Brown a good time?

I told you all huiklau brown was a pimp!!!!

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-04 12:43 pm   Permalink

Yo! I'm down wit' ma peeps from Freemont. yo. Humuhumu in da hale! You rock!

Interestingly enough, I do have a life beyond Tiki.

I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach...

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

[ This Message was edited by: hukilau brown on 2003-06-04 12:47 ]

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 12:57 pm   Permalink

he is caring, fun, and affectionate... he likes traveling... dancing... going out to clubs... puppies...

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-04 3:36 pm   Permalink

not to mention the requisite hookers and donuts...

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 3:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-04 15:36, Hukilau Brown wrote:
not to mention the requisite hookers and donuts...

I've gotcha covered. Our very first Krispy Kreme just opened, and it's right in the middle of Hooker Central, a strip called Aurora. As a bonus, there's a few cool googie-ish signs on Aurora. Huzzah!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 5:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
FYI, I start spinning at 8:00, and they stop serving dinner at 9:30. They serve some pretty tasty Thai food. Hope to see y'all.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 10:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-04 12:57, Futura Girl wrote:
he is caring, fun, and affectionate... he likes traveling... dancing... going out to clubs... puppies...

...and painting guys toenails in the middle of the night!!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:16 pm   Permalink

LOL Z

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I've gotcha covered. Our very first Krispy Kreme just opened, and it's right in the middle of Hooker Central, a strip called Aurora. As a bonus, there's a few cool googie-ish signs on Aurora. Huzzah!

Matteo, I know you're hoping that this is the real Humuhumu, but I hate to break it to you - she's not all hookers and donuts. It breaks my heart, but I'm going to have to show you the pictures of her on the Winnie The Pooh Ride at Disneyland:

Yep. Shocking isn't it? She's got this hidden, wholesome side that's going to come out eventually. Just thought I should warn you.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-05 01:15 am   Permalink

Hukilau Brown - friend to hooker and homecoming queen alike.

Nice snail. Or is that a cinnamon roll?

[ This Message was edited by: hukilau brown on 2003-06-05 01:19 ]

Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:55 am   Permalink

Yo Hukilau
Are you accepting any applications or resumes at this time for entry into the Huki'lau Brown School of Big Pimp'n? I have rehab benefits I need to use. Aloha.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-05 4:22 pm   Permalink

The eagle has landed.

So Cal coast 66 degrees and overcast.
Seattle 88 degrees and blue skies.

Jinkies! what next...

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 11:16 am   Permalink

Hukilau Brown isn't sure if he'll be able to make it yet, but the tentative plan is to see Selector Lopaka spin at Thaiku in Ballard on Tuesday. Of course, everybody is invited to join us!

I'm hopefully going to be able to take the day off next Friday, and I'll be taking him around to see the Seattle sights. If any locals would like to join us on Friday, either during the day or after work, shoot me an email.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation