FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Rumours confirmed. Hukilau Brown to make inaugural visit to Seattle!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Rumours confirmed. Hukilau Brown to make inaugural visit to Seattle!
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 5:47 pm   Permalink

What time in Ballard?
I actually am off tomorrow night
and might feel the need to join ya!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 5:53 pm   Permalink

Hey, 'pea!

We don't know what time yet, I'll probably talk to Matteo tonight and get a better idea. It may be early enough to do dinner there, or it may be that we just go for the music. I have a phone number for you (ending in 3963), if you want I can call you to give you the latest news tomorrow.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 5:59 pm   Permalink

yeah, gimme a holler!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 5:06 pm   Permalink

I'll probably be there sometime around 9-ish . Look forward to seeing folks who may still be there.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 6:19 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing you again, puamana! Looks like Hukilau Brown & I will be there by around 8:30, and sweetpea a bit after that. If anyone else can make it, it would be great to see you!

Thaiku

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-11 02:45 am   Permalink

tiki celebrates
tasty island grooves ballard
one more yohito

-a thaiku haiku

[ This Message was edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-06-11 02:50 ]

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 5:43 pm   Permalink

We had a great time at Thaiku on Tuesday! All the supacool Seattlites were there -- Selector Lopaka (of course), puamana, sweetpea, plus, we ran into Bella from Lushy!

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the town with Hukilau Brown -- no solid plans during the day, but it looks like we'll be hitting Ohana for a late dinner? Don't know yet. If any locals find themselves available, feel free to call on my cell (even if I haven't met you before -- I won't bite): (206) 349-1362. I'll have it with us all day.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 11:54 pm   Permalink

For the record I ALMOST went to Ballard Tuesday night...AND I ride the bus AND I live in West Seattle so it would have been a great effort but I ALMOST made that effort (Am I elected yet?). What happened instead involved a can of "Pine Apples Juice" from an Asian market and a sudden and unusual rash which my doctor is very excited about showing to his med students. Just as well I didn't make it if it was all "supacool Seattlites" there. Among the movers and shakers I'm know as one of the stayed and stationary.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 11:09 am   Permalink

Hey woofmutt -- on the day the two of us are actually both at a tiki event at the same time, I will crown you King of the Supacool Seattlites. Am I going to get to meet you before I skip town?

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 12:24 pm   Permalink

We'll probably never meet as the truth is I live in Bellevue and of course I'm too ashamed to admit it.
Just kidding.
Are you going to Ohana tonight? I've been mulling over the idea of heading down there...But I keep thinking of all the AberNavy and Gap clad UW boys-n-girls I've seen there on Fridays, drinking beer from the bottle and smiling excitedly when they hear a Marley tune in the reggae mix. And I also think of going to bed early.

Also to dread in the Jet City's future:

http://clubmauiseattle.com/

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-17 2:16 pm   Permalink

Starship Hukilau has returned to the Southland with some fantastic experiences and even some memories! Huzzah for digital photography.

A big shout out and mahalo nui loa to Humuhumu, the Julie the Cruise Director of the Northwest. (Korean Sambos!)

Selector Lopaka and Puamana for their gracious E Komo Mai (Vitco!) and the EMP/Ohana nite on the town.

And Sweetpea, Bella (Opium!) and all the groovy Seattlites that made me feel welcome and a wee bit tipsy.

Seattle Rocks!

Mahalo and Mucho Aloha,

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

[ This Message was edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-06-17 14:52 ]

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-19 1:50 pm   Permalink

Big mahalos go to Hukilau Brown, for waking up our sleepy town. (Korean Sambo's rox! Hookers n' Blow n' Donuts, baby!) I'll try to get my pics together an post them here this weekend (I've got a big backlog of photos to deal with, still making my way through the road trip pics....)

Hukilau Brown, you gotta tell the people about the magic that is Archie McPhee's! These poor folks only know about the low-rent Accoutrements stuff they see on the website.

Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-19 2:01 pm   Permalink

Yeah! Archie has all the food groups under one roof! Hookers, Cocaine AND Donuts (Hos, blow and dough!).

Thanks, Hu, for "hooking me up"!

I won't tell anyone about "that Wild Child thing..."

H.B. Esq.

[ This Message was edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-06-19 14:02 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation