FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Polynesian Room, Naniloa Hotel, Hilo, HI (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Polynesian Room, Naniloa Hotel, Hilo, HI (restaurant)
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-03 4:03 pm   Permalink

There are several videos up on youtube now about the ongoing renovations. I learned a few interesting tidbits from one of them.

The Naniloa was first opened as a hotel in 1939.
The name "Naniloa" means "very beautiful".
The Polynesian Room was built in 1964.

It looks like the renovations are providing some much needed TLC to the hotel after years of "deferred maintenance". Some of the videos show the Polynesian Room, but none I've watched mention any plans for it. If anyone knows, please share.

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nctrader
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-01-06 11:36 am   Permalink

Would love to know if anyone has been back by this property since the renovations. Is the other side of the resort updated? There is no mention of the grounds or the Polynesian Room.

http://www.grandnaniloahilo.com/gallery/

View Profile of nctrader Send a personal message to nctrader  Email nctrader Goto the website of nctrader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 27 days ago; 1:22 pm   Permalink

I was just directed to view this thread. Dang I wish I'd seen it before our trip. I've posted photos but we did not find the tiki style rooms that are shown here. We should have explored more. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation