Joined: Mar 07, 2008
|Posted: 2011-08-11 08:25 am  Permalink|
Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9
Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: August 10, 2011
1) “Nani Hanalei” by The Brothers Cazimero from the CD: The Best of the Brothers Cazimero.
2) “Under the South Sea Palms” the 1926 song by Frank Ferera & Anthony Franchini from the collection: Hawaiians in Paris – 1916-1926.
3) “Bye Bye Blues” from the CD Box Set: Cab Calloway & His Orchestra – Volume 2. Featuring Dizzy Gillespie on Trumpet; Milt Hinton on Bass; Chu Berry on Tenor Sax; and Cozy Cole on Drums.
4) “Boot-Ta-La-Za” the 1939 song by Slim Gaillard from the CD collection: Laughing in Rhythm.
5) “Manuska” the 1931 recording by Gino Bordin on Acoustic Lap Steel Guitar from the CD: Virtuose De La Guitare Hawaiienne – 1930s Paris.
6) “Adventures in Paradise” by Greg Sardinha from the anthology: Legends of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar – Past, Present & Future.
7) “Axolotl” from the CD: Skinny Dip With Don Tiki Featuring Linda Warner on Vocal.
8) “Tabu for Two” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from their CD: Swingin’ Sounds for the Jungle Jetset!
9) “Hana Chant” from the 1975 recording: Hawaii's Keola and Kapono Beamer [By John Pi’ilani Watkins].
10) “Choko Chunichu” by the Waitiki from their CD: Rendezvous in Okonkuluku.
11) “Kiss Me Love” by the Hula Honeys from their CD: Girl Talk, Featuring Ginger Johnson on Baritone Ukulele, Acoustic Guitar & Vocals, Robyn Kneubuhl on Tenor Ukulele & Vocals, Jonathon Dreschler on Bass, Sam Ahia on Acoustic Guitar and Emile Rochards on Vibes.
12) “Cry Like the Wind” by June Christy from her 1961LP: Do Re Mi [From the CD collection: Ballads for Night People] Featuring Kathryn Julye on Harp.
13) “Whatever Lola Wants” by Mel Torme from the 1960 LP: Mel Torme Swings Shubert Alley Taken from the CD: The Art Pepper-Marty Paich Sessions [from the 1955 Broadway musical: The Pajama Game. Featuring Art Pepper on Alto Sax.
14) “Take Your Shoes Off, Baby” the 1962 song by Dinah Washington from the CD: The Best of the Roulette Years.
15) “East of Xanadu” from the recording: Voodoo II – More Exotic Sounds of Robert Drasnin.