[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Beach Boys Video with the Hawaiian Eye Tiki
Beach Boys Video with the Hawaiian Eye Tiki
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 01:11 am   Permalink

Aloha Folks,
has anyone ever seen this?
cool early Beach Boys Video with the Hawaiian Eye Tiki.
randomly found on youtube !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74rreG0k5lA

mahalo
HT

[ This Message was edited by: HelveTiki 2011-08-12 01:31 ]

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 08:54 am   Permalink

Good find! Have never seen this one (I think). Years ago Domenic Priore showed me a bad quality clip of the Boys on stage at a highschool hop, I think it was live, and they had a Tiki on stage, maybe this one. The quality was so bad I couldn't use it for anything.

This is not really THE Hawaiian Eye Tiki, but it has similar slanted eyes. That "slanted eye" look was not that common, so I wonder if it was carved by the same carver than the H.E. one - who's identity is still a mystery.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 11:36 am   Permalink

And wearing their original Pendleton shirts! The reason they were going to be called "The Pendletones" ( or something like that) Must have been the most uncomfortable shirt to wear on stage ever!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 1:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-12 11:36, The Granite Tiki wrote:
And wearing their original Pendleton shirts! The reason they were going to be called "The Pendletones" ( or something like that) Must have been the most uncomfortable shirt to wear on stage ever!!

Well, I know when I think surfing, I think "buffalo plaid".

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 2:06 pm   Permalink

Funny, I think of something else...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWxqBiD-nxU

It must be where I grew up.

Cool video !! More evidence that that early 60's youth/beach/surf culture embraced Tiki as much as their lounge culture parents did.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 2:16 pm   Permalink

Well, different times, different solutions. I read all the comments on that video, and I just love how the Beach Boys have inspired a fan scholarship with researchers that seem to know EVERY little detail about their history! I thought only Domenic Priore was crazy that way, but there is a bunch of dudes out there like him! I mean how deeply can you get into one trivial pop culture subject.... umm...

Anyway, it seems that before wet suits, in the early years of California surfing, Pendleton shirts were the surfer's gear of choice to warm you up after spending extended time in the water. Thus the Boys toying with the name "The Pendletons"

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 4:00 pm   Permalink

In my youth, the predominant choice was the Baja Shirt.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 9:09 pm   Permalink

Dennis Wilson.......the original Punk drummer.

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-12 11:10 pm   Permalink

I still see only one drumstick, his right hand is hidden throughout the video except at 1:50 where it looks like he uses his right hand to play rhythm on his right thigh - no stick. The drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation