FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Disappearance of Falernum?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Disappearance of Falernum?
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:16 am   Permalink

I was at Beverage Warehouse in Culver City stocking up on supplies and asked where the Falernum was. The guys says it isn't being made by that company anymore and he has no other source for it. So is Falernum defunct? I got 1 bottle at home - is it the last bottle on earth or is there another source and if it is defunct with no other source what happens with all those tiki drinks that call for Falernum as an ingredient?

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:24 am   Permalink

importation and creation

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 12:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks for providing that link! Problem resolved.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:04 pm   Permalink

Falernum seems to one of those syrups that a pirate would not want to be without! I need to order some myself, now that the season is uopon us. My Don the Beachcomber Drink book has many drinks that require the Falernum. Below is some additional info.

http://www.drinkboy.com/LiquorCabinet/Syrups/Falernum.html

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 10:43 am   Permalink

If anyone knows of a local source in L.A. - as the above info indicates they are going to be distributing soon across the u.s. let me know. I'd rather drive to buy it then deal with mail order, but if there is no other way I will resort to mail order. I still have a whole new bottle of it so I won't actually need to replace mine for awhile.

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 5:17 pm   Permalink

I was just at Hi-Times Liquor about a 15 minute drive, and there are 7 bottles of Da Vinci Classic Caribbean Falermun Syrup, 750ml bottle for $6.99+tax.

Hi-Times Cellars / Hi-Times Liquor
250 Ogle Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949-650-8463
Their website:
Hi-Times

Hope this helps.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 5:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks!!!!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 7:05 pm   Permalink

The DaVinci stuff is available through their website directly.

These guys said they would have their out in March. Maybe soemone can get it ordered in their store.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-07 02:43 am   Permalink

I haven't checked any of the supplied links yet (I will as soon as I post this) but just wanted to add that I'm having a hell of a time finding some ingredients myself. Of course, I'm in a smaller town in South Carolina, but... Does anyone know of a decent Maraschino Liqueur? I'm gonna have to order a friggin' CASE of Orange Bitters from Fee's Bros. just to have ANY!
Perhaps we should start a thread concerning Availablity and Quality of different brands of some of the Harder-to-Find ingredients, eh? I might do that. Hope everyone will contribute.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-06-07 3:21 pm   Permalink

I'm on the Velvet Falernum mailing list- no word yet on it's arrival.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-02 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-07 15:21, martiki6 wrote:
I'm on the Velvet Falernum mailing list- no word yet on it's arrival.

We should have this in CT by mid July. I can always send a bottle to anyone who needs it.

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-03 08:04 am   Permalink

I just spoke with a fine lady at Fees Bros, as it's time to restock on Orange Bitters and a few other things. Turns out that they now make Falernum (new product).

I'll probably have her throw a bottle into my order, but as all Fees products are non-alcoholic, I'll probably still try to track down the Velvet stuff when it ever comes out...

Aloha,

Vic

[ This Message was edited by: vegasvic on 2003-07-03 08:05 ]

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 10:55 pm   Permalink

God I Love Those Fee Bros.! I guess I love the Fee Sister, too. Is that who answers the phone whenever I call 'em? Don't Squeeze... Use Fee's! Okay... Do Squeeze! But Use Fee's, Too!

Aloha,
Another Vic

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 11:24 pm   Permalink

Here's a little (secret)...KAVA KING (BUSTED!) here on TC has his own private stash of VINTAGE Sazerac Falernum (the authentic, namely alcoholic variety) from the very last production run. I heard upwards of a case of the stuff. This stuff is quite valuable...it, after all is the real, original thing.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-25 7:43 pm   Permalink

I had tried to find this on the site, and could not. Tonight I found I had it bookmarked. So here is where you can order Falernum online: DaVinci Falernum The shipping is pretty high, so I tried different quantities to see where it went up and bought the most bottles I could at the base shipping. I think it was 3.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation