FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mojave Oasis 2012 save the date
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mojave Oasis 2012 save the date
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-19 6:20 pm   Permalink

I know it's early but I want to make sure you all have the dates for Mojave Oasis II April 19-22nd 2012 we are throwing in Thursday for you early birds info to follow in a few weeks.

Save the dates!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 7:33 pm   Permalink

Same date as Hukilau,

Not that I can go to Hukilau,
but that might be a bit of a bummer for some.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-23 7:48 pm   Permalink

Definitely not cool to have same date as Hukilau.

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 02:06 am   Permalink

Well it's the same date I had this year or the same weekend. I am trying to keep it the same as it was Isn't hukilau in june?

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 04:41 am   Permalink

Hukilau used to be in June. Christy has moved the date this year.

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 10:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-24 04:41, phinz wrote:
Hukilau used to be in June. Christy has moved the date this year.

Thanks for the info, not much I can do, That is the weekend I had this year, I picked it not to interfere with Caliente in May and Hukilau in June. Im sorry it now conflicts.

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-08-24 10:47 ]

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:21 am   Permalink

You wanna blame somebody ? Blame the folks who decided to organize the Ohana event A WEEK AFTER Hukilau.
Not for nothin', but most of the folks that now go to Ohana, USED TO be at Hukilau every year.

I'm guessing that Christie moved Hukilau because of Ohana. Hukilau was in June for the past 4 or 5 years,and done so to avoid Hurricane season, due to the 2005 Hukilau Hurricane fiasco.

Mojave Oasis was the same weekend last year.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2011-08-24 11:22 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:18 pm   Permalink

Ayayay, kids! Let's face it, there are just too many parties in Tikidom!

With the economy the way it is gonna be for a while, I predict that 95% of the people are gonna choose to stay on their side of the coast when it comes to event choices, so it should not affect each event too much. Then again, these days every single customer counts. So I hope a compromise can still be found.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:36 pm   Permalink

rumor has it hukilau moved because ohana is in june and it was taking away from their event so it was moved to april now....

again, just a rumor goin' round...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-24 11:21, tikiyaki wrote:
due to the 2005 Hukilau Hurricane fiasco.

The Hukilau Hurricane was in 2004.

For those that managed to stay, by choice or by being stranded, we had one hell of a party at the Mai Kai that night. Hukilau guests, Mai Kai employees, I think even a couple of random people off the street.... well lets just leave it at being one hell of a party that few will ever forget.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:38 pm   Permalink

Not that I want to do it again! I'm just saying that was one hell of a Hukilau that year.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-24 11:21, tikiyaki wrote:
You wanna blame somebody ? Blame the folks who decided to organize the Ohana event A WEEK AFTER Hukilau.
Not for nothin', but most of the folks that now go to Ohana, USED TO be at Hukilau every year.

I'm guessing that Christie moved Hukilau because of Ohana.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod 2011-08-24 13:45 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-23 19:48, Bill5925 wrote:
Definitely not cool to have same date as Hukilau.

Not cool to have the same dates as Rum Renaissance either!

IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 2:13 pm   Permalink

I agree the economy is going to be a restriction more from traveling more than one event overlapping another. I would love to head across to the other coast but financial obligations prevent me from doing so. If I'm not mistaken, we still don't have a sizable tiki event during the dead of winter.

As for where I'm going in April (plus the fact I have my wife and kids in tow), I'll only say this: I'll have my tent in case it rains. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Just sayin....

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 3:06 pm   Permalink

Hey now! Let's not be blaming OHANA up here in the North East for scheduling similarities, we don't quite have the seasonal options that those of you in the West, or the South have!

But back on topic, I hope someday to make it to this event! I looked at pictures from last year and fell in love with the idea. Tiki and camping (preferably in a classic camper) just plain works for me!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation