FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mojave Oasis 2012 save the date
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mojave Oasis 2012 save the date
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 06:03 am   Permalink

Overlap, schmoverlap! Go where you want people! No need to fuss. I've never been to Hukilau. Mojave Oasis is a really good time. My budget may not allow for either but we will see. No one is deliberately trying to do anything "uncool" as far as scheduling goes and people should just enjoy what they can. I agree with Swanky. I would suggest that some sort of fire ring be added atop the grassy knoll at Mojave Oasis to create a more centralized gathering point. Us Tiki folk get confused easy and many wandered aimlessly as we looked for direction. I hope to make it. The place is very cool and very relaxing.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-31 06:03, Matt Reese wrote:
No one is deliberately trying to do anything "uncool" as far as scheduling goes and people should just enjoy what they can.

Exactly.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 10:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-31 06:03, Matt Reese wrote:
Overlap, schmoverlap! Go where you want people! No need to fuss. I've never been to Hukilau. Mojave Oasis is a really good time. My budget may not allow for either but we will see. No one is deliberately trying to do anything "uncool" as far as scheduling goes and people should just enjoy what they can. I agree with Swanky. I would suggest that some sort of fire ring be added atop the grassy knoll at Mojave Oasis to create a more centralized gathering point. Us Tiki folk get confused easy and many wandered aimlessly as we looked for direction. I hope to make it. The place is very cool and very relaxing.

Thanks Matt, we added a big fire pit up by the bar, right after Mojave in April, it will be there and burning for Goin Primitive! Hope to see you soon

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 10:37 am   Permalink

Here's the new fire pit:

We still haven't even used it yet.

Anything else you guys can think of that would make your Mojave experience that much more enjoyable?

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 11:40 am   Permalink

Thanks Buzzy!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-08-31 11:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-31 10:37, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

Anything else you guys can think of that would make your Mojave experience that much more enjoyable?

Buzzy Out!

Monorail from Los Angeles to Mojave Oasis!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 1:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-31 10:37, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

Buzzy Out!

a Tilt-a-Whirl!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 4:10 pm   Permalink

While I was bit bummed with the overlap with Hukilau, the conflict with the second weekend at Coachella is just heartbreaking!

Brace yourself for the traffic heading out to the desert.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 4:48 pm   Permalink

Cochella was going on last time too. We thought it would be traffic hell
on our way back to Hunt Beach on Sunday afternoon. Totally opposite! The 15 and the 91 were wide open.

Grass is thick!!! Awesome!

Fire. Fire.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-01 10:41 am   Permalink

[/quote]No one knew the dates of Hukilau this year until today, so, Queen K is innocent. [/quote]

Not exactly true. It was announced on Facebook on August 16th. But given that MO2 is the same weekend as this year, Queen K is indeed innocent.

I apologize to Queen Kamehameha for my comment. There is room for all, and given the distances and expense, I'm sure both events will do fine. Like Crazy Al, I may have to alternate years.

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-01 3:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-01 10:41, Bill5925 wrote:

No one knew the dates of Hukilau this year until today, so, Queen K is innocent. [/quote]

Not exactly true. It was announced on Facebook on August 16th. But given that MO2 is the same weekend as this year, Queen K is indeed innocent.

I apologize to Queen Kamehameha for my comment. There is room for all, and given the distances and expense, I'm sure both events will do fine. Like Crazy Al, I may have to alternate years.
[/quote]

Thanks Bill!

Hka....redondo isnt that far..its a nice ride up the 15 to the 40, you can do it in 2 hours come and stay Thursday as well....

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 9:23 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31832&forum=1&120

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation