FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events official tiki caliente 4 link (may 18-20 palm springs,ca)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
official tiki caliente 4 link (may 18-20 palm springs,ca)
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-21 11:46 pm   Permalink

That was a great weekend. Thanks Rory, you throw a heck of a weekender.

We had a blast. We saw many friends, both new and familiar, over the weekend. Work will be a harsh reality tomorrow morning.

Lots of other thanks to go around also...crawl hosts for their libations, Marie for endlessly tending bar in the hot sun, Kirby, Polly, and Kelly for inviting me to help with the Rumpus Room party, vendors for the creativity they bring to the event, Jeff for setting the mood as DJ, Crazy Al for bringing energy as the MC, Tom for documenting our experiences on digital film, the drink crawl judges, and all the attendees who make Tiki Caliente what it is. I'm sure I'm forgetting another 27 or so people who make sure no one forgets the time they had at Tiki Caliente.

Highlights? Oh they are many.
* Hanging out with friends over a long weekend.
* The Hula Girls on Friday (Mai Kai Mystery Girl as a 7" before Tiki Oasis? Please?)
* The Sand Devils on Saturday (My head almost exploded when you played The Passion of Lovers).
* Hosting a room crawl for the first time.
* Listening to the Martini Kings while helping at the "Remote Rumpus Room". And The Alexander rocked.
* Sitting under the stars on Friday night.
* The Blue Moai.
* Listening to the Zen Tiki Lounge live broadcast podcast while driving home Monday.
* Slacktone ripping through a Sunday afternoon.
* The late Sunday beach ball poolside royale during the slack key set.

Mostly I'll remember the smiles and "good mornings" from everyone there, all weekend.

Photos to come.

Mahalo,

Kevin and Val
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cdtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-22 06:45 am   Permalink

What a blast. Thanks Rory and everyone who made this the best. Viva Caliente! Can't wait to do it all again.
As Don Tiki says "You better get used to the heat."

View Profile of cdtiki Send a personal message to cdtiki  Email cdtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-22 08:05 am   Permalink

As Tiki G said so eloquently in an earlier post, we had a great time at Tiki C this weekend. We didn't arrive until Saturday, and were hit with the overwhelming tiki vibe from the moment we arrived. I say we go for the full 4-day experience next year!

Thanks to Rory for making us feel so welcome!

Sunday's beach ball fun was a terrific workout and fun as hell! It was good to see the people that worked so hard to make our experience, let down their hair and enjoy the cool pool and awesome musical interlude until sundown on Sunday.

Mahalo

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 08:57 am   Permalink

Well, the Smokin' menehunes were there too! (Not just a hologram like Tupac at Coachella, nor a mirage brought by the desert heat!)

Anyway, we had a good time....Thank you Rory, and thank you Crazy Al for sitting in with us! (It's always great when you do!)

I hope everyone else enjoyed our saturday set?

Where is the Menehune love??????

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 09:24 am   Permalink

We had a GREAT time at Tiki Caliente!!
Thanks for always giving The Hula Girls such a warm reception!

A very special thanks to Rory for having us back and treating us so well! Tiki Caliente is certainly a hi-light for us to be a part of every year!
Hopefully we'll have a new record for you guys in time for next year!!

Can't promise a Mai Kai Mystery Girl 7" by Oasis though. Haha...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-22 08:57, lucas vigor wrote:
Well, the Smokin' menehunes were there too! (Not just a hologram like Tupac at Coachella, nor a mirage brought by the desert heat!)

Anyway, we had a good time....Thank you Rory, and thank you Crazy Al for sitting in with us! (It's always great when you do!)

I thought that the Smokin Menehunes in Palm Springs was the perfect throw back to a long past era.
I wanted to sit in front of the band and watch, but the heat/sun was too much for me
so I was over in my DJ booth/hideaway.
I did think that the Menehunes volume could have come up a bit.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-22 10:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-22 08:57, lucas vigor wrote:

I knew I'd forget something by posting so late at night! The Menehunes were certainly smokin' as well. I'm only bummed that I missed the 2nd half of your guys' set while setting up for an afternoon crawl.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 10:10 am   Permalink

I'm just now getting back to reality.
oooooof, what a weekend.
I don't know how some of you drink as much as you do.
I usually have a beer and a tiki drink or 2, and that's it.

Great Job to Rory and crew, in making another fabulous weekend.

Thanks to those who stopped by my secluded hideaway for a visit.
Thanks to those who brought me drinks.
and Thanks to Jonpaul and Ran for helping me break down my gear each night.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 10:41 am   Permalink

Now, that's what we call in the business a "Bass face" !!!!

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2012-05-22 10:42 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 11:54 am   Permalink

I just saw this in the Tiki Music area:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42968&forum=11&start=last&3

too bad it wasn't available for this past weekend.

Jeff(btd)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 12:11 pm   Permalink

Right?

I would have bought one, had they been available at Caliente. Martini kings rock!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 12:29 pm   Permalink

I would say they Swing, Baby!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 7:58 pm   Permalink

cheers folks! fab year

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-22 8:04 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to Rory for setting up an awesome event. Looking forward to next year!

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-mingo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-22 9:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks for yet another amazing tiki weekend! viva la caliente! sigh, only 362 more days....

View Profile of Tiki-mingo Send a personal message to Tiki-mingo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation