FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Shookups - at Don's THIS Thursday night!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Shookups - at Don's THIS Thursday night!
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 08:17 am   Permalink

Thanks Chuck!.... and Thanks to everyone else who showed up! It was great to finally get a chance to meet some of you!

Rum does go good with ol' timey Western music.

[ This Message was edited by: Dartin Menny 2011-08-26 08:18 ]

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Twatiki

Posted: 2011-08-26 08:34 am   Permalink

What a great show! Can't wait for the vinyl! And is was fun hanging with y'all on a school night

View Profile of Twatiki Send a personal message to Twatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-26 08:34, Twatiki wrote:
What a great show! Can't wait for the vinyl! And is was fun hanging with y'all on a school night

YESSSSS, Twatiki's first post! Long live Twatiki!

These fellas are fantastic! I've been dying to get out to see them and am so glad I did. What a classic, refreshing sound. Just what the doctor ordered. Trevor will love them too, and is already sorry he didn't make it out.

Thanks to Bong for turning us onto his newest endeavor, and thanks to the Shookups for a great night of music!

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-26 08:34, Twatiki wrote:

Oh my god! you actually did it! let me be the first to welcome you to Tiki Central Twatiki!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 11:36 am   Permalink

The Show was really "ROCKING" the Shookups brought the toe tapping and the hip swinging
my first time seeing you guys, but not the last, I tell you!

Nice to see alot Don's regulars back in action after Oasis.

It may seem that a Western Swing band might be out of place at a Tiki Bar like Don's
but I thought it was a perfect venue for them, I think the band got hooked on those "Rum Barrels" too.

Looking forward to the next show.

CTiT

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 12:12 pm   Permalink

Great show...I really enjoyed the Shook-Ups and look forward to seeing them again!

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 12:42 pm   Permalink

You guys were fantastic! What a wonderful night for music at Don's. The Shookups had us dancing and admiring the talent they brought together to form this delightful Western Swing combo.
Atomic Tiki Punk and I look forward to your next gig!

Kevin, you are the KING of the Steel Guitar.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-08-26 3:32 pm   Permalink

The band at DTB were great, lots of tiki people out to support The Shoopups and Bong. It also bought Jungle Ginger and Chuck tatum is Tiki out. Also Doug Horn.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 11:46 am   Permalink

For those of you that might be a little put off by the label "Western swing", this isn't sleepy country music we're talking about, it's straight up vintage style rock n' roll! Great show guys, I know my wife and I are fans now!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-28 9:47 pm   Permalink

Bummed to have missed this.

We were campin'.

Bong! Your shirt looks a lil' tight around your neck.

next time.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-28 9:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-28 21:47, RevBambooBen wrote:

Bong! Your shirt looks a lil' tight around your neck.

next time.

It's the only way to get his head to fit into the hat.

[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2011-08-28 21:56 ]

HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-08-28 10:08 pm   Permalink

Chuck Tatum is Tiki, when are you going to appear at the new comedy club at the Golden Bear in HB???

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-28 11:14 pm   Permalink

very entertaining night!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 07:18 am   Permalink

We are very stoked you all came and supported.... but most of all.... we are very stoked you all liked it! Thanks again!

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation