FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Post-Oasis 2002 Roundup
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Post-Oasis 2002 Roundup
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:00 am   Permalink

Bam Ben,

That suggestion for name tags is great. Maybe this could be done in conjunction with Otto and a real tiki-ish tag could be styled.

I will talk with him about this idea for future events.

Oh, I luv the picture of your grandfather, mother and aunt. Muchos mahalos again.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:03 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki-Bot, I look like...the grey haired eminence in Mig's pix. I don't really look like the photo on the Hukilau website anymore, although they are really nice foto montages, my compliments to Swanky?
I also slipped a pic of myself into the Book of Tiki, page 13, below Otto (the bald haired guy), looking straight at ya.

I am sorry to have missed the "dump" song in room 135, because I was already in the pool then. Thanks Denny (King KuKu) #%&@!

But if anyone wonders why I had that laugh attack on the bed earlier, it was because someone nearby had cut a fart and what was cracking me up was seeing the expression on my friend's Pete's face change as he was leaning over the bed conversing with me, trying to maintain composure as the invasive stench was making him loose his thread of what he wanted to tell me. -You had to be there..

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:10 am   Permalink

Sven,

I have to sort of own up to the "Sven's in the bathroom . . ." song. When you had stepped out, someone asked, "Where is Sven?"

We had just greated someone with the cake song so I answered "Sven's in the bathroom and he's . . . "

Of course Denny DID pick up on this immediately and started on the uke. Others added the variable endings of "Number two, number two, number two," or "how'd you poo, how'd you poo, how'd you poo?"

All in good sport (I hope!) Never meant to be offensive. I know you know that.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:15 am   Permalink

Sorry, Tiki Bob, I wanted this message in the Tiki Oasis round up, where it now is...

You are forgiven! I am genuinly sorry I did not hear the blasphemy, but glad I was not caught with my pants down...as they were by the pool.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:33 am   Permalink

One more thing: Miehana from Colorado, since you posted here-
To avoid further confusion, please be so kind to change your Tiki Central name. As I had already pointed out to you on the old Tiki Central, this logo was created by my friend Kevin, who put on the excellent 1996 Anaheim (=miehanA) Museum Tiki exhibit where you got it from. Kevin posted under Miehana on Yahoo Tiki Central before you did, and he would like to do so on this board, he is just to polite to ask for his rightful I.D. He is sculpting his Miehana mug for Tiki Farm right now, to go with the Miehana cocktail in the new "Intoxica" Grog Log. You can see him as Miehana in pic 38 of Mig's room 135 photos.

I think the Hawaiian Eye collection made some 156.- dollars or so, not bad, Kevin and Jody are making up for the rest. Next year it will be included in the event price.
Mahalo to all who gave

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-06-26 11:46 ]

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 1:57 pm   Permalink

Well, my recovery took about 48 hours before bodily functions were properly restored! Wadda weekend!

I'd like to send a special thank you out to Joe Vitale and his wife Donella who came all the way from Florida for the event. Do any of you remember that old Hyundai ad campaign (about 10 years ago) where a group of people each got a Hyundai and they turned them into whatever they pleased... Joe buried his nose first in the ground and turned it into a giant Moai!

Bamboo Ben - you're a classic! Sven, thanks for the show - I especially liked the back and forth shots of the topless mainland "Wahines". Otto - excellent skills and nice to finally meet you in person! Everybody rocked the Caliente!

I passed out before the singalong - I mean like a log! Dammit!!

Legendary... that event was legendary!! Thank god for restored bodily functions as I can only take a few of those a year!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 2:52 pm   Permalink

I hope Tiki Farm will put out a commemorative Oasis 2003 mug next year and shape it like a tiki from Caliente's logo. I love their logo.

P.S. I have decided to use my new li'l Suffering Bastard as my drink sampling chalice. Once the blender stops, I will pour a bit of the concoction into this blessed vessel for a taste. Hmmm...perhaps a ritual of some kind will be in order. You know, it's a process.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artbyanne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-26 3:44 pm   Permalink

Apparantly there was skinnydippers,and I had been very unobservant(is that how it's spelled?).I would have joined in except I only do striptease for my husband!
Yes,I was expecting a Tropics style tiki myself for the special mug.Oh well,maybe next year!

View Profile of artbyanne Send a personal message to artbyanne  Email artbyanne Goto the website of artbyanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artbyanne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-26 3:46 pm   Permalink

P.S.-How does a bongo-board contest sound?

View Profile of artbyanne Send a personal message to artbyanne  Email artbyanne Goto the website of artbyanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 4:29 pm   Permalink

Hey All!
We did the mugs for the event pretty much as a last minute (well, last month) thing. We will gladly produce a mug true to the Caliente Tropics tikis (one of the tikis... all 3?) in their logo for the next event. Maybe we'll do one as a decanter, one as a mug and one as a shot!?!

Also, we have ceased production on the little brown Suffering Bastards (only 75 were ever made) and I've got some left over so call me if any of you are interested or you can email me at
holden@tikifarm.com.

Thanks,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artbyanne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-26 4:39 pm   Permalink

Hey sounds great about the set of 3!
I don't know if anyone has ever noticed,but the tiki by the spa there is modelled after one on the logo!

artbyanne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-26 4:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Tina,
Why is yer e-mail so secret(Is that right were still drinking in the pool,No wonder my keyboards wet!)
Give me an E-=CC=-
You to Sven !!Anne said She'd give U a deal on the Salton Tiki painting!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 6:44 pm   Permalink

CC, my last e-mail to "tikis by cc" came back, I must have lost the update, what is the working one?

Tiki By CC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-26 7:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Sven,
Here's my and Anne's E!
cc@tikiroom.net
anne@tikiroom.net
-=CC=-

View Profile of Tiki By CC Send a personal message to Tiki By CC  Email Tiki By CC Goto the website of Tiki By CC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 7:14 pm   Permalink

Oops, I just realized that I never checked the little box in my profile that says it's okay to publish my email address. Thanks for pointing that out, CC.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation