FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Post-Oasis 2002 Roundup
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Post-Oasis 2002 Roundup
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-06-26 11:33, bigbrotiki wrote:
One more thing: Miehana from Colorado, since you posted here-
To avoid further confusion, please be so kind to change your Tiki Central name. As I had already pointed out to you on the old Tiki Central, this logo was created by my friend Kevin, who put on the excellent 1996 Anaheim (=miehanA) Museum Tiki exhibit where you got it from. Kevin posted under Miehana on Yahoo Tiki Central before you did, and he would like to do so on this board, he is just to polite to ask for his rightful I.D.
[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-06-26 11:46 ]

Bigbro - I have been using "miehana_tiki" on this board and the older Yahoo board, not "Miehana". Kevin should have always been able to post under his screen name on this board. I thought the concept of "borrowing" images, names, graphics, recipies, etc. was commoly accepted in the world of Polynesian Pop culture, even encouraged. I was giving credit to Kevin by using miehana as part of my screen name. I thought he came up with a great idea. Anyway, no hard feelings, from now on I'll post as ZuluMagoo, "miehana_tiki" is no more.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-27 1:11 pm   Permalink

ZuluMagoo, thanks. It was just that the two were too similar, and because of that would have created confusion. And you were never accused of stealing the I.D., Kevin and I were always aware that your choice was a hommage to his show. Thanks for understanding.

A while back an Aloha shirt company (I think it was Reyn Spooner) actually used Kevin's Miehana Tiki (see it in INTOXICA) for a shirt pattern, without asking off course...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-27 10:38 pm   Permalink

Now that that's settled, back to the buzz of last weekend. Or, is that all there is to say?
Benboo Bam.
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bentiki

Posted: 2002-06-27 10:58 pm   Permalink

HA HA,
YOU CRAZY GERMAN!!! YOU MAKE A GOOD CHAIR!!!!! gOOD tHING I dRINK bEER CAUSE rUM MAKES ME ME eVEN cRAZY-ER! gOD DaMN C'aL IS wEARINg Off ON ME!! i'LL gIVE YOuR'E NAME bACK WHeN I get TO sIt ON YOU'Re LAP aGAiN!!! wAS THaT A tIKI iN YOuR pCOKeT, OR wERE YOU jUST HAppY TO sEE Me?
tHIS SITe IS tOO MUcH fUN!!
mAHALOOOS,
sVEN-tIKI.
OOOOOpS........ aKA?

View Profile of bentiki Send a personal message to bentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-28 01:08 am   Permalink

HAWAAAAAAAAIIAN EYYYYYEEEEE!

I have been going through Beachbum Berry's new Intoxica! and there is a drink called the Hawaiian Eye! Now I just need to get to the store for some Falernum. Also a description of how this drink was made for the cast at the China Trader Restaurant down the street from the WB studios.

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-06-28 01:09 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-28 01:09 am   Permalink

HEY,artbyanne I believe that Fri. night you would have stripteased out by the pool. You were havin sooooo much fun.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bentiki

Posted: 2002-06-28 08:14 am   Permalink

how do I give the master his name back after my beer induced bad joke last night? How do you un-do a screen name? I'll be good for now on, I promiss.

View Profile of bentiki Send a personal message to bentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artbyanne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-28 08:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-06-28 01:09, thebaxdog wrote:
HEY,artbyanne I believe that Fri. night you would have stripteased out by the pool. You were havin sooooo much fun.

Well,I wasn't there Friday night.Perhaps you have me mistaken with someone else?Was that when the imfamous skinnydippers were out?No wonder I didn't see anything on Saturday night! I don't know how flattering skinnydipping was to you guys out there.From a Seinfeld episode,cold water does cause shrinkage!ha ha(I know,the water wasn't that cold,ha ha)

View Profile of artbyanne Send a personal message to artbyanne  Email artbyanne Goto the website of artbyanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-28 08:56 am   Permalink

Ben- You vill have to sit in the corner and stairr at ze vall for one hour for zat one!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-28 08:59 am   Permalink

Now, if that post is really from a "friendly" it makes me chuckle. Not knowing where it was coming from had me a little wierded out!

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2002-06-28 09:22 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-28 09:27 am   Permalink

That's very sweet of you, floratina, but don't worry. My Germanic staunchness needs to be tackled sometimes, I admire people like King Kuku that have no fear to make an ass of themselves. I can't, so other people have to do it for me...(wait a minnit, this is NOT an invitation!)
Anyway, Ben is the nicest Kaiser toppler there could be, I love the guy (in a purely platonic way, please), and he is forgiven. No lap dances on the bus, though, Ben, or you will have to go to your corner!

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-28 09:43 am   Permalink

Ben? Beloved, bashful Ben? No Way! I wouldn't have guessed it. If I'd known that when I was reading it, it would have been a different story! Ben, you animal, you.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki By CC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-28 6:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha this is Crazy 'Al
Poop! Eye messed this all uP!
Any way this use 2 B fun! BB & tina !
See See

View Profile of Tiki By CC Send a personal message to Tiki By CC  Email Tiki By CC Goto the website of Tiki By CC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-06-28 7:07 pm   Permalink

A week later I am finally getting back to normal! It was a BLAST in Palm Springs last weekend. We checked out Frank Sinatra's grave, did some shopping, some eating at LOTS of drinking!
On Sunday we went to Indio and took some photos of one of the other tiki Tropics motels(the third is in Blythe and the four one WAS in Los Angeles).
I can't add much more than has already been said so I will sighn off with Hawaiannnnnnnn Eyyyyeeee!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2002-06-28 7:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-06-28 09:27, bigbrotiki wrote:
Anyway, Ben is the nicest Kaiser toppler there could be. . .

*Imagines 'Tiki Oasis 2003, Kaiser Toppling and Shuffleboard Tournament...'*

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation