FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » Mike @ Picture Show Gallery, Seal Beach
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mike @ Picture Show Gallery, Seal Beach
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:16 am   Permalink

Stopped by Picture Show Gallery today. It had been some time since I had been there and I was expecting to see Mike, the owner in his usual enthusiastic and upbeat self. Sadly, I learned he was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is not doing well. For those of you who know Mike, he is facing this with great courage. When his co-worker asked what she should tell people, Mike said, "Just tell them that I am sick with cancer." I have always appreciated Mike's good nature, impeccible talent for custom framing, and his mega cool shop with art by Shag, Doug Horne, and many other Tiki artists. Please send your good thoughts to Mike and his family and stop by and support the gallery if you have time. He's a great guy who has contributed much to the Tiki community.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:46 am   Permalink

He is a cool guy with a cool shop to boot
Best wishes to Mike & Family, Just saw him a few weeks ago at Don's.
Man, a Bad week for the Ohana.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:25 am   Permalink

I heard about this...very sad. Mike is such an upbeat, friendly guy. Sending my best mana for him and his family at this time.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:49 am   Permalink

A week before Tiki Oasis Karen, Mike Adler's wife told us that they couldn't make Oasis this year. Mike Alder, the owner of the Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach was just diagnosed with Metastic Adenocarcinoma. Mike is a true friend of the tiki community as well as the local business and social communities he lives and works in. I have spoke to his family and they think its a good idea to have a get-together or show of support. So we are going to have a "Party" or "Show of Support" for Mike at Don the Beachcomber September 17 @ 6pm. Stay tuned as details will be coming in quickly! This will be a benefit for the family. If you'd like to help out or participate, please PM WooHooWahine or myself.

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 2:08 pm   Permalink

Mike is an exceptionally sweet and nice man, this is a horrible thing, but with his good humor and positive attitude he can pull thru and beat it! I wish him and his Family all the best during these tough times.... I will say a prayer for my friend and his family.

I wonder if we should send cards to the picture show gallery?

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 6:16 pm   Permalink

For any of you who don't know Mike (and knowing Mike... not too many of you probably don't know him), he is such an engaging & fun guy who is completely full of life and love! Mike has been a great friend for years and I'm guessin' in Mike's style, he probably said out lout something like "wadda way to celebrate my 50th"! Mike you take good care my friend... my thoughts and prayers are with you!!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 10:46 pm   Permalink

MIKE is the Best,
so sorry to hear this horrible news,
Hope you can beat it,
and See ya at Dons on Sept. 17th.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 08:57 am   Permalink

Like many others I consider Mike extended ohana. His absence at Tiki Oasis this year was felt before we even got there. He usually calls me when we are in route all fired up, asking when we will be arriving since he is usually already poolside and in full on Tiki Oasis mode. Mike is the most energetic, positive, stoked guy I know and his laugh and energy is contagious. Mike can go anywhere and make it fun . When I first got the news I had a hard time processing it. I went through a lot of stages of grief. Then I remembered who we are talking about. Mike is not somebody that is just going to throw up his hands and surrender. Mike is a hard charger and if anybody can conquer this bullshit, he’s da guy!!! So along with our positive thoughts and energy we should all look forward to many more good times with our friend Mike. Because in his words and I quote. “I can do anything im Mike Fuckin Adler”. Love that guy!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 08:49 am   Permalink

The Boo's are thinking and pullin' for you ADLER!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-27 12:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-24 11:49, SoccerTiki wrote:
A week before Tiki Oasis Karen, Mike Adler's wife told us that they couldn't make Oasis this year. Mike Alder, the owner of the Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach was just diagnosed with Metastic Adenocarcinoma. Mike is a true friend of the tiki community as well as the local business and social communities he lives and works in. I have spoke to his family and they think its a good idea to have a get-together or show of support. So we are going to have a "Party" or "Show of Support" for Mike at Don the Beachcomber September 17 @ 6pm. Stay tuned as details will be coming in quickly! This will be a benefit for the family. If you'd like to help out or participate, please PM WooHooWahine or myself.

Quote:

On 2011-08-27 08:39, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to : GoTiki, HBTiki, Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Swampfire,Happy Chi, and Falling Cocos for being the first ones up to bat with donations for our Raffle Drawing for This Very Special Event for Mike Adler. This is what the true spirit of the TC Ohana is all about....being there for each other wthen we need some help. Keep those donations coming! MAHALO!

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2011-08-27 12:48 ]

If you are interested in donating a prize for our Raffle you can PM me or send an email to
woohoowahine@yahoo.com

Mike is a Very Special Person and Friend..let's show him The Ohana Spirit though this event.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-28 09:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-24 14:08, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

I wonder if we should send cards to the picture show gallery?

Cards Can Be Sent to the following address:

The Picture Show Gallery
c/o Mike Adler
231 Main Street
Seal Beach, Ca 90740

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-28 09:51 am   Permalink

The following website was created by MIke's Good friend Marina to keep everyone updated on what is going on:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mikeadler

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-30 17:38 ]

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 4:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the website link Woo Hoo. It's a great way to keep up with Mike bear witness to his great spirit. Sending good thoughts and best wishes.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-09 12:57 pm   Permalink

Just a Reminder: We need all Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items for Mike Mania by Monday, September 12th. I will be at The Marlin Bar tonight and at Don's on Mon., Sept. 12 if you are in the area and have something to drop off. Please PM me or Email me at woohoowahine@yahoo.com if you can't make it to either of these places and would like to make other arrangements. Mahalo!!!

Quote:

If you are interested in donating a prize for our Raffle or Silent Auction you can PM me or send an email to woohoowahine@yahoo.com

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-11 10:27 am   Permalink

Don't Forget: We need all Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items for Mike Mania by Monday, September 12th. I will be at Don's on Mon., Sept. 12 from 5:00pm to 7:30 if you are in the area and have something to drop off. Please PM me or Email me at woohoowahine@yahoo.com if you can't make it to either of these places and would like to make other arrangements. Mahalo!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation