FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:03 pm   Permalink

MikeMania 2011- A "Fun"Raiser for Mike Adler Sept 17 @ 6PM at Don the Beachcomber HB Tickets on sale soon!!!

When: September 17, 2011 6PM ‘til Midnight

Where: Don the Beachcomber Restaurant, Huntington Beach, CA

What: A "Fun"Raiser for Mike Adler: A week before Tiki Oasis Karen, Mike Adler's wife told us that they couldn't make Oasis this year. Mike Alder, the owner of the Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach was just diagnosed with Metastic Adenocarcinoma. Mike is a true friend of the tiki community as well as the local business and social communities he lives and works in. We have spoke to his family and they think its a good idea to have a get-together or show of support. So we are going to have a "Party" or "Show of Support" for Mike!!!

Why: Because we can! And we care!!!

Who: The Hula Girls, Thee Swank Bastards and The Ding Dong Devils!!!!

Cost: $20 To purchase tickets:
Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like!

**This will be a benefit for Mike and his family. If you'd like to help out or participate, please PM WooHooWahine or myself.

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-29 08:23 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 9:57 pm   Permalink

Mike is a Great guy,
so sorry to hear about this,
I will be there.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-08-25 06:51 am   Permalink

Please count my family to attend, my wife was Mike's sister kindergarden teacher at Tramura and we know his parent.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 08:47 am   Permalink

So sorry to hear about this as well. Mike is an absolute great guy! The Hula Girls are already booked at Don's on the 17th, but we'd love to do what we can for the event.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 09:08 am   Permalink

We will be there because like many others I consider Mike extended ohana. His absence at Tiki Oasis this year was felt before we even got there. He usually calls me when we are in route all fired up, asking when we will be arriving since he is usually already poolside and in full on Tiki Oasis mode. Mike is the most energetic, positive, stoked guy I know and his laugh and energy is contagious. Mike can go anywhere and make it fun . When I first got the news I had a hard time processing it. I went through a lot of stages of grief. Then I remembered who we are talking about. Mike is not somebody that is just going to throw up his hands and surrender. Mike is a hard charger and if anybody can conquer this bullshit, he’s da guy!!! So along with our positive thoughts and energy we should all look forward to many more good times with our friend Mike. Because in his words and I quote. “I can do anything im Mike Fuckin Adler”. Love that guy!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDude
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-25 11:20 am   Permalink

We are sad to hear about this.

View Profile of TikiDude Send a personal message to TikiDude  Email TikiDude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-25 6:11 pm   Permalink

Thank you everyone who has chimed in already to show their support! This will be a great coming together of the tiki ohana for one of it's own! Keep the donations and suggestions rolling! More info soon!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 6:12 pm   Permalink

Like Mongoloid I noticed Mike was not poolside this year at Tiki Oasis. Every year I'm greeted by that big Mike Adler smile and that Mike Adler energy. Later that day I was told why Mike was not there, Oasis was just not the same without ya. Your In my prayers and in my thoughts Mike. And yeah you are Mike Fuckin' Adler!!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-26 07:00 am   Permalink

Not the same without the Adler Ohana at their designated pool table!

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-27 08:39 am   Permalink

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to : GoTiki, HBTiki, Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Swampfire,Happy Chi, and Falling Cocos for being the first ones up to bat with donations for our Raffle Drawing for This Very Special Event for Mike Adler. This is what the true spirit of the TC Ohana is all about....being there for each other wthen we need some help. Keep those donations coming! MAHALO!

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2011-08-27 12:48 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-27 12:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-27 08:39, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to : GoTiki, HBTiki, Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Swampfire,Happy Chi, and Falling Cocos for being the first ones up to bat with donations for our Raffle Drawing for This Very Special Event for Mike Adler. This is what the true spirit of the TC Ohana is all about....being there for each other wthen we need some help. Keep those donations coming! MAHALO!

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2011-08-27 12:48 ]

If you are interested in donating a prize for our Raffle you can PM me or send an email to
woohoowahine@yahoo.com

Mike is a Very Special Person and Friend..let's show him The Ohana Spirit though this event.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 9:12 pm   Permalink

Mike is the real deal. Great Family Guy who always has a smile on his face. I wish the Adler Family all my best and look forward to seeing Mike running security again next May.

But maybe letting the owners of the hotel through this time.

I send all my positive energy your way and best wishes.

Its not a party without you my friend.

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2011-08-28 14:58 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-27 11:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-27 21:12, Wildsville man wrote:

Its not a party without you my friend.

I agree with Rory. That picture was one of many great parties we threw in room 135 at the Caliente Tropice for Tiki Caliente 2.

Mike, we'll be seeing you soon. Fight the good fight!

TikiMoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-28 08:35 am   Permalink

Mike is one of the best people I've ever met. He's made me laugh about a thousand times and has made every single event I've attended with him a blast. Mike is a great person and a close friend to many of us. Make sure to save the date and come out and show your support for Mike and his family. He will beat this.

View Profile of TikiMoai Send a personal message to TikiMoai  Email TikiMoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-28 11:27 am   Permalink

What I plan on doing and my suggestion is if you plan on donating for the raffle, purchase an item from Mikes shop on your way to the fundraiser @ 231 Main Street Seal Beach, CA 90740 (562) 598-1600. (It's only about 3 miles from Dons) and that way Mike will benefit twofold. Lots of tiki mugs, and artists such as Shag, Derek Yaniger, Big Toe, Doug Horne, Heather Watts & Wade Koniakowsky & more.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation