FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-21 6:54 pm   Permalink

A-Frame you shot a bunch great pictures, using a larger format camera really pays off. Also , your good eye for pictures is evident.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-22 10:12 am   Permalink

Thanks A-Frame, HB Tiki and WooHoo for those great shots of the event!

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-09-22 10:23 am   Permalink

Great pictures Anders!!! It's great to relive the event through your pics! I can still feel the energy that so many brought into the event! Go Mike!!!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-22 5:26 pm   Permalink

wish i could have been there =(

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-09-24 12:37 pm   Permalink

I've got a couple more photos, mostly of The Hula Girls in the Dagger Bar. We had such a great time all night from friends to art to music to drinks to auction to raffle and so much more that I mostly forgot to *take* pictures. Oops.

Mahalo to everyone involved in putting this together. We even won an auction!

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-10-01 08:28 am   Permalink

This is from Karen Adler (Mike's wife). She asked that I post it here:

***************************************************************************************************************
Mike and I would like to thank ALL of our fabulous friends who created, donated to, performed at and attended Mike Mania. Without all of you it wouldn’t have been the huge success that it was. It was amazing to see so many people come together for Mike. He is a pretty special person and it really showed on Saturday; he knows he is truly loved. I know with all of your support, prayers and good thoughts Mike will conquer this horrible disease.

Thanks again,

Karen
****************************************************************************************************************

September 30th Mike Adler Update:

Mike is having a very tough time with this week's chemo. He's sleeping all day and anytime he wakes up he gets sick. Karen called the doctor to see if she can give him something to help with this. She took him to the hospital today to have an IV hooked up to replenish fluids.

Please keep Mike and his family in your thoughts and prayers!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-01 1:39 pm   Permalink

Mike, We love ya!. Keep fighting strong. Hopefully you will soon be able to take Soccer Tiki up on Puerto Vallarta.

Remember you can help support Mike by patronizing the Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach.

I picked up some art that I had previously dropped off at Mike's store for framing while I was in town for Mike-mania. They have a great selection of frames at affordable prices. They are having a friend come in and do the framing while Mike is out.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-01 1:45 pm   Permalink

Here are some pictures I took of Mike's store in Seal Beach.
Great place to shop for Tiki art and mugs.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-02 10:14 pm   Permalink

Hang in there Mike,
were all pullin for ya.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2011-10-12 10:01 pm   Permalink

Please continue to keep Mike in your thoughts and prayers. The following website was created by Mike's Good friend Marina to keep everyone updated on what is going on:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mikeadler

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-10-14 07:12 am   Permalink

Please keep Mike in your thoughts and prayers... He's fighting hard and is going to beat it!

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:20 am   Permalink

Today the Tiki Community has experienced a big loss! Mike has left us for the Big Luau.

See:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41552&forum=15&0

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-11-20 09:35 am   Permalink

From Karen Adler (Mike's wife):

To all of Mike's loyal customers, friends and aquaintences,

I am writing this deeply saddened and with a heavy heart that Mike passed away on November 7th due to stomach cancer. He was my best friend, husband, and father of our two children for a wonderful 32 years. He will be missed by all who have crossed paths with him.

We will be having a memorial service in Seal Beach on December 4 at 11:30 in the morning. It will take place on the grass on the north side of the pier overlooking the ocean. If you would like to share a memory of Mike please feel free to do so. Find out more information at Caringbridge.org enter mikeadler (one word). Thank you all for being such loyal customers but most of all freinds of Mikes. He will be truly missed.

Sincerley,
Karen Adler

***There will be a reception at Don the Beachcomber immediately following the service. Light food will be served along with a no-host bar and music. Come share your experiences with Mike and show your support to a wonderful family!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-20 09:37 ]

Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 7:24 pm   Permalink

There will be a paddle out right after the memorial on the grass area North of the pier. So bring your wetsuits and boards. There will be leis provided for the paddle out participants. If your interested in the paddle out please PM me so we can provide enough leis. Mahalo nui loa

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-11-22 11:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-22 19:24, Mongoloid wrote:
There will be a paddle out right after the memorial on the grass area North of the pier. So bring your wetsuits and boards. There will be leis provided for the paddle out participants. If your interested in the paddle out please PM me so we can provide enough leis. Mahalo nui loa

What a great idea! And showing of love for a great guy! Thanks for organizing this Mongoloid!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation