FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-18 8:56 pm   Permalink

Great event to help a wonderful individual. The turnout was fantastic. Kudos to all involved who helped make it a successful and memorable event. Hopefully a large sum was raised to make a significant dent in the high costs of Mikeís medical treatments.

Wow, What a raffle! It seemed like everyone who bought a ticket was able to walk away with something.

Best Moment of the Night:
Mike Adlerís Dadís raffle number being picked for the Mikemania event poster framed by HB Tiki. I imagine the Tiki Gods had a little help in making this happen. Pure genius. That item definitely landed in the hands of the right person. Mikeís dad carried that prized possession around the rest of the night like a proud parent of a newborn infant. He will cherish that gift I know each time he looks at it he will fondly remember this night that the Ohana came out in full force showing their love and support for Mike.

Great drinks and great bands.

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Dog 2011-10-01 12:57 ]

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 10:02 pm   Permalink

Looks like a great event and I was bummed I couldn't make it into SoCal to attend.

Just one question....

Did 1961Suck try to sneak into this fundraiser too?

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-09-19 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-18 22:02, TikiPug wrote:
Looks like a great event and I was bummed I couldn't make it into SoCal to attend.

Just one question....

LOL!!! No, I had security on "high alert" but we did NOT have a sighting! There were a few new 61's that we 86'd when they didn't contribute for the cause!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 08:22 am   Permalink

Awesome Event!
Incredible People!
Stunning Art!
Beaming Smiles!
That's what Ohana is all about!

What a show of love and appreciation for one of our own!
Sending you some Love,Mike!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-09-19 09:05 am   Permalink

Thanks to all the artists, musicians, donors AND attendees that helped make the evening for Mike a major success! The outpouring of care and love for Mike was apparent throughout the building! And thank you to Don the Beachcomber for providing the perfect venue for this special gathering! I spoke with Mike yesterday and he is totally stoked from all the pictures and recounts of the event and is happy that everyone had a good time at "his" party!!!! It is not too late to support Mike and his family.... You can send your contributions to:

Mike Adler
c/o Picture Show Gallery
231 Main Street
Seal Beach, CA 90740-6333
562) 598-1600

Another way to support Mike would be to stop by the gallery and pick up some very nice artwork and/or gifts! It's a "win-win"!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 09:44 am   Permalink

What an amazing night. Pretty rad that Thee Swank Bastards came all of the way out from Vegas to play a free show for Mike. Just a testiment to the impact that Mike has had on a lot of us.

Sorry that I went up and tried to help Shaun with his bass strap on their frist song...It just ended up looking like I was trying to hug him. I should save hugs for when they're off the stage.

The Hula Girls were super happy to be part of the event. I love it when Don's has something going on in a bunch of different rooms! It's like a tiki amusement park. Thanks again to ART for hosting the event too! And for 'getting' our whole scene. The owners of Kona certainly woulnd't have been so open to that stuff.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who hung out with us in The Dagger Bar while the rest of the event was going on in the Longboard Room. We were glad to have you!

...and John-O, I only bring the white hat out for special events...but I like your idea!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 10:15 am   Permalink

FANTASTIC event by Soccer Tiki, Woohoo and the rest of the gang!

It was really touching to see the amazing outpouring of love by our lil' tiki community for Bradda Mike.

a huge MAhalo to everyone who came out (the joint was jumping), who bought art and raffle tix, to the artists and collectors for their generous kick-down (some folks really scored some great deals), to Doug for the kool event poster, to the bands and the patient staff at Dons.
WE LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 10:34 am   Permalink

Thanks to Soccer Tiki and Woohoo for organizing Mike Mania, and for everyone who volunteered, donated items or services, or otherwise assisted for Mike! It was great fun for the Ding Dong Devils to play, and it was a pleasure having C5 (Happychi's skin-beating pseudonym) sit in on Jungle Doctor!

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 2:20 pm   Permalink

Mike you would have been stoked to see the turnout! The place was packed and filled with aloha, The generosity of everyone was overwhelming. I think Crazy Al was hoarse after reading all those raffle ticket numbers. So many items that were donated. That Primo bus sign was destined to be yours and im glad that it will hang on your wall in your game room. Espesially after you said you were eyeballin it in the pictures of the event. The night was filled with legendary stories about you. I look forward to creating more in the near future buddy!

[ This Message was edited by: Mongoloid 2011-09-19 14:22 ]

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 3:56 pm   Permalink

Great event with lots of people coming out to support Mike and his family. Really shows the power of the tiki community, I talked to more than one person who had never met Mike but wanted to show their support.

Thanks to Chris, Karen and all that donated what they could, really cool!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineapple Princess LBC

Posted: 2011-09-19 3:58 pm   Permalink

What a wonderful night! It warmed my heart to see all the support for Mike - we even ran out of wristbands! Many Mahaloís to everyone that donated, volunteered, performed, supported, stopped in for a quick hello, and Don the Beachcomber. Much love to you, Mike and we will see you soon!

View Profile of Pineapple Princess LBC Send a personal message to Pineapple Princess LBC  Email Pineapple Princess LBC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-09-20 10:08 am   Permalink

I saw Mike yesterday and he is feeling a little better! He is so amazed at all the people that showed for his party! He said he was glad everyone had such a good time. It put a huge smile on his face! He hopes to be up and about soon! He's a fighter and has got the right attitude to beat this! Puerto Vallarta is calling you!!!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-20 1:56 pm   Permalink

Mike,

Big Love and support going out to you my man.
It was a Great event, and It was sad that you could not be there.
I am doing a Big benefit show for a buddy of mine from the surf crowd,
with Cancer, and can only hope that we get that kind of turnout, support for it.

I was supposed to go to a B-day party in the Valley after the Ding Dong Devils played,
but after a couple drinks I knew better, and stayed the whole night at the Benefit.

Thanks to all that were involved,
great event!!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-21 09:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-19 07:59, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-18 22:02, TikiPug wrote:

Just one question....

LOL!!! No, I had security on "high alert" but we did NOT have a sighting! There were a few new 61's that we 86'd when they didn't contribute for the cause!

Unbelievable that people try to sneak into a fund raiser. Must be 1961Suck's relatives.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-21 6:17 pm   Permalink

I walked in at 6:45 and the place was packed! It was amazing to see Donís like that. A true testament to what the event was really about, supporting Mike Adler. I donít know Mike, but hopefully he can see through all these and the other photos posted here that a lot people know him and care deeply about him.

Dr. Z's Cougar Beer

Chris & Karen, thanks for hosting such a great fundraiser!
Mike you would have loved it!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation