FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Locating Tiki Ľ Ľ Fong's Pizza, De Moines, IA (restaurant)
Fong's Pizza, De Moines, IA (restaurant)
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-05 10:03 pm   Permalink

Name:Fong's Pizza
Type:restaurant
Street:223 4th St.
City:De Moines
State:IA
Zip: 50309
Phone: (515) 323-3333

Description:

http://fongspizza.com/

Oh hell YES! Anyone in Iowa been here yet? Anyone here in Iowa?
I gotta know how's the pizza and MOST importantly how are the drinks?
I'd be sad if it was lame.

Mu Shu Pork Pizza? Crab Rangoon Pizaa? OMG!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki to fix link to tiki drink menu...]

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2011-09-06 10:09 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-05 10:58 pm   Permalink

OH

MY

GOD

Pizza, Old School Chinese Restaurant AND Tiki bar all rolled into one. Did someone crawl inside my brain and find my pavlovian triggers ?

Amazing.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-06 10:02 am   Permalink

I know...right?!!?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 4:02 pm   Permalink

Ha ha! One look at the ingredients of those cocktails makes me want to gag. But bless them, they're trying.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-26 8:33 pm   Permalink

Not a good week for tiki/Chinese restaurants. Hong Kong Inn and Mt. Fuji Inn are closing and now Fong's Pizza in Des Moines is closed until further notice because of a water main break.

Effective 11/23, Fong's Pizza will be closed until further notice due to a water main break.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
fongspizza.com

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 2:17 pm   Permalink

Fong's got some press today for supporting breastfeeding in public.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/breastfeeding-note-from-pizza-waitress-pays-it-forward-164047499.html

Here's the video segment from the local news below:

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/two-moms-connect-in-downtown-result-goes-viral/-/9357080/21025538/-/15ng9ymz/-/index.html

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 09:47 am   Permalink

I happened to watch that story a few minutes ago and wondered if the location was posted here.

Here is a screen shot from the cnn video:

I wished I knew about this place when I was there last year for a conference...I remember walking by it downtown.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-14 4:17 pm   Permalink

This picture will be a classic in 30 years. It's from the Fong's Pizza Facebook page.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-14 4:19 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, you can buy their Tiki Farm designed signature mug on their website.
http://fongspizza.com/schwag

Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-01-10 10:32 pm   Permalink

Went to Fongís last Tuesday night while visiting friends in Des Moines. Iíd been to their newer location in Ankeny, but this was my first time at the original one downtown. The decor is Chinese restaurant, not tiki; still, itís a great, cozy place (especially in subzero weather). The pizzas are inventive and tasty. The drinks were fine. At least there were a lot more rum drinks on the menu than I remember from my first experience. I had the Mai Tai and the Professor Fong, and came home with the mug.

I didnít take any pictures of the interior, but when I saw this sticker on the way out, I knew I needed a shot for TC:

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation