FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Is there any interest in me resurrecting the Tiki Crawl?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Is there any interest in me resurrecting the Tiki Crawl?
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-16 4:36 pm   Permalink

Yes

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-16 10:24 pm   Permalink

I have never been either...and ditto on what Mark said. I suggest making it a low key event...no frills...unless you have volunteers. Basically there is a map/agenda...get there yourself...experience the SF Tiki bars with Ohana...no cost to any event hosts. Use this year to survey the attendees for ideas for next year. Have a white elephant event for grins. CHEERS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimoose

Posted: 2011-09-18 12:19 pm   Permalink

After a long hibernation I am rediscovering my inner tiki. I would haul my antlers down from Portland for a SF Tiki Crawl. Seriously I'd come down for this. Thanks for considering.

View Profile of tikimoose Send a personal message to tikimoose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-10-02 12:28 pm   Permalink

I know you started this thread out a month ago, but one months notice is a little short. October is now here-and November is rapidly approaching. Maybe plan for early January? If someone thinks this concept is 'stale'-and you don't have the means to freshen it up, that person doesn't have to go! Don't worry, has someone ever held a major tiki crawl in which no one showed up-ain't gonna happen!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-10-02 1:04 pm   Permalink

I say the crawl must go on but like Mr. Smiley says do it quickly. I'd also cram in two more Tiki Central crawls into 2012 so the crawl count is back to where to should be.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-02 2:29 pm   Permalink

I agree....and please do it before the end of the world next December!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-02 4:34 pm   Permalink

I'm thinking about Thurs November 17 through Sunday November 20, the weekend before Thanksgiving, just pulling the trigger on that date and gettin' it done. There aren't any other events that would conflict with that weekend, are there? Especially any major events? Now that Birthday Debauchery Meltdown Week is over (it actually grew into almost two full weeks this year, when Poly Pop came up for the Forbidden Parking Lot Sale, and various Tiki Shenanigans soon ensued), I'm now ready to knock this Tiki Crawl thing out. Oh, after Thee Swank Bastards show at The Condor in North Beach today, that is - oops!

Quote:

On 2011-10-02 13:04, Bora Boris wrote:
I'd also cram in two more Tiki Central crawls into 2012 so the crawl count is back to where to should be.

My thoughts (and hopefully, actions) on that as well! Details on that to follow!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-02 4:40 pm   Permalink

Just to re-iterate, and make sure the important stuff in my post above doesn't get lost, I'm thinking about Thurs November 17 through Sunday November 20, the weekend before Thanksgiving, as dates for the San Francisco Bay Area Tiki Crawl X - just pulling the trigger on that date and gettin' it done. There aren't any other events that would conflict with that weekend, are there? Especially any major events?

Looks like I'd better get back to making more panels for my olde home tiki bar, stat. Oh, and a rain window effect, too!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 8:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-02 14:29, bongofury wrote:
I agree....and please do it before the end of the world next December!

I hear there's gonna be a crawl.
Still lookin' for tickets.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 9:45 pm   Permalink

Crawl For The End Of The World tickets here. Get your tickets here.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-04 9:21 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai-
Stale or not, I think I'm in.

Forbidden Island, Smugglers Cove, Tonga Room, etc.

Seriously.

We should all be so stale.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kila

Posted: 2011-10-16 07:07 am   Permalink

My crew of castaways is totally looking forward to doing the East Bay crawl again!

View Profile of Kila Send a personal message to Kila      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-10-18 12:23 am   Permalink

OOF!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTnT
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-18 02:01 am   Permalink

Aloha Bill.... count us in! Our 2 cents from Martinez thinks a bus would be kinda fun! any idea of a price range?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTnT 2011-10-19 14:09 ]

View Profile of TikiTnT Send a personal message to TikiTnT  Email TikiTnT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-24 4:22 pm   Permalink

So, is it actually happening? My calendar is filling up fast...

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation