FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Is there any interest in me resurrecting the Tiki Crawl?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Is there any interest in me resurrecting the Tiki Crawl?
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 1:15 pm   Permalink

Well ??.....

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-13 10:18 am   Permalink

Absolutely. Milly and I have missed the Crawl and would love to se it return.

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chiwito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-13 5:32 pm   Permalink

I'll be there.

View Profile of chiwito Send a personal message to chiwito  Email chiwito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiki

Posted: 2012-03-20 7:20 pm   Permalink

Count me in whenever the next one gets planned.

View Profile of Tiki Kiki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiki  Email Tiki Kiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-06-16 5:27 pm   Permalink

???

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-17 01:19 am   Permalink

Got THAT right, Boris.......What's going on?

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-22 2:36 pm   Permalink

Okay, plans are in the works for an upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Tiki Crawl 2012, at the end of summer. One of the potential dates that I'm targeting right now is Thursday September 27th through Sunday September 30th - this would mean that the last day of the Tiki Crawl would be the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale! So there would be twice as many reasons to come up to the San Francisco Bay Area on that weekend, both the Tiki Crawl AND the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale! This date isn't 100% set in stone yet, but I have talked to Molokai Mike about it, and we are thinking about the best way to make all of that work.

Another monkey wrench thrown into this whole Tiki Crawl thing is Trader Vic's Palo Alto closing. If it closes before the Tiki Crawl, then there will be virtually no tiki establishments left in the South Bay to crawl to. And Hula's in Santa Cruz is too far - that would have to be a part of a Monterey Bay based Tiki Crawl. If I have to scrap the South Bay day, then I'm going to have to replace it with something else. Maybe a Home Tiki Bar Crawl in the greater Alameda and East Bay area? Thoughts? Suggestions?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-23 11:54 pm   Permalink

Trader Vic's Palo Alto will be closed by then. The last day Trader Vic's Palo Alto will be open for business is August 5th.

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-24 08:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-23 23:54, Tikitastic wrote:
Trader Vic's Palo Alto will be closed by then. The last day Trader Vic's Palo Alto will be open for business is August 5th.

Seems like it's perfect timing for Tikitastic to open his own Tiki Bar in Los Gatos! ( just think of the gas you would save!:)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-24 1:12 pm   Permalink

I think I wanna go!! I probably be interested in vending at FI if it is possible. I got a lot of Tiki Mugs to sell.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BuzDeadwax
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-18 5:52 pm   Permalink

Would love to join in too.

Also - You can add Tiki Haven
http://www.tikihavensf.com 1334 Noriega St San Francisco. Nice folks there.

More of your "island style" tiki bar, but if you give the bartender some mixing tips, she'll leave out the syrups.

View Profile of BuzDeadwax Send a personal message to BuzDeadwax  Email BuzDeadwax Goto the website of BuzDeadwax     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Aloha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-10 2:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha. I'd love to attend this event. Is it happening? Please advise. Mahalo.

View Profile of Mr. Aloha Send a personal message to Mr. Aloha  Email Mr. Aloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
genetikayos

Posted: 2012-08-17 7:55 pm   Permalink

Yes, please. The last sf bay area tiki crawl was a blast and that's how I found out about Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of genetikayos Send a personal message to genetikayos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BuzDeadwax
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-22 4:52 pm   Permalink

Shall we get this started? Am I missing any worth going to?

SAN FRANCISCO
1)
Smuggler's Cove *MUST!*
2) Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar *MUST!* (even though the drinks are terrible)
3) Bamboo Hut
4) Tiki Haven *This place is party-store cheesy but I think with encouragement they might improve.
5) Li Po Cocktail Lounge
6) Trad'r Sam

EAST BAY
7) Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge (Alameda) *MUST!*
8) Trader Vic’s Restaurant (Emeryville) *MUST!*
9) Conga Lounge (Oakland)
10) Kona Club (Oakland)

PENINSULA
11) The Downtown Tiki Lounge Also cheesy, but they may be the only thing between SF and Hula's in Santa Cruz.

View Profile of BuzDeadwax Send a personal message to BuzDeadwax  Email BuzDeadwax Goto the website of BuzDeadwax     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2012-08-23 1:41 pm   Permalink

Buz - that looks like the right list all right.

I'm really jonesing for another Bay-area crawl. I miss the rainstorm at the Tonga Room and I miss running across the street from the Bamboo Hut to grab a few slices of pizza.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation