FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving the Florida tiki-carving contingent!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
the Florida tiki-carving contingent!!!!
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 09:20 am   Permalink

Now that I'm getting a newer truck I'll be doing lots of road-tripping and I'm just wondering where some of you guys are located so if I find myself in the neighborhood maybe we can meet up for a cold one and talk tiki.

This can be the official "Florida Tiki Directory"....

I'll go first.

My name is Jeff and I live in lovely Tampa....

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 09:49 am   Permalink

McTiki

"Andy"

Merritt Island

Don't know if I'm much of a carver, but, I'd go for the cold one!

Mc

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 09:56 am   Permalink

If you are in the Brevard area, I would suggest you post something on the "Brevard Tiki" group on Facebook. The Storm Shelter will be open for business in another week or two and is always open for a fellow traveler!

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 10:20 am   Permalink

"Tom" in Fort Lauderdale-ish

If you come to town be sure to visit The Mai Kai!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 10:21 am   Permalink

Orlando checking in, Name is Nick and you are welcome anytime PJC

Hey hardbop, Do you have a shop in rockledge? off of US1?

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 11:57 am   Permalink

I know there are a few of us in the Tampa Bay area. I'm in New Port Richey. I've got the ice if you got the RUM!!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 3:29 pm   Permalink

"john"

parrish-manatee county just south of ya across the pond.........and tom is right. if your in his area ya have to go to the mai kai.

[ This Message was edited by: creative chimp 2012-12-28 13:37 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-16 04:15 am   Permalink

Sounds like Benzarts right in the middle of it all.
Lets get together tomorrow.
Some one call him & tell him were coming over.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-16 10:51 am   Permalink

NIxxon: I think you are thinking of Island Mike's in Rockledge. I am about a mile north of there behind the hospital. The Storm Shelter is my home bar. You'll have to make it by sometime.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jazzy Josh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-16 11:56 am   Permalink

I'm Josh from Orlando. I'm always down for some tiki talk. Me and my bud Nixxon get a buzz on and talk tiki on occasion

View Profile of Jazzy Josh Send a personal message to Jazzy Josh  Goto the website of Jazzy Josh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 11:23 am   Permalink

very cool!

keep 'em coming...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mycargoship
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-03 2:25 pm   Permalink

I have a shop in Gulf Breeze. Have you been there?

This is what I do 24/7
Don Holifield
http://mycargoship.ipage.com/store/index.html

View Profile of mycargoship Send a personal message to mycargoship  Email mycargoship Goto the website of mycargoship     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-04 06:56 am   Permalink

mycargoship - Welcome aboard. Yes, we have met. My brother lives in Gulf Breeze and my sister is in Navarre. I'll be up there for Thanksgiving - I'll stop by.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-05 06:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-16 04:15, Will carve wrote:
Sounds like Benzarts right in the middle of it all.
Lets get together tomorrow.
Some one call him & tell him were coming over.

Don't know if I'm in the 'Middle of it all", but I'm definitely on the edge. Port Saint Lucie is where I usually hang out,, C'Mon fdown/up/over?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-24 3:00 pm   Permalink

digging this one back up for the new guys....

and also to invite you guys to my little page on facebook....

basically I am trying to bring some local people together and get a little tiki bar scene going. I used to think I was one of the only people around here who was into tikis and stuff, and then I started meeting more people and realizing that I was not alone, but part of an extremely fractured scene. The bottom line is that there a lot of us, but unlike out west, there aren't tiki bars & tiki events popping up every 5 minutes/miles, so a lot of us just don't know each other.

I don't like to just include people in groups without asking them, but you're all welcome to join us.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/352104094880192/

[ This Message was edited by: pjc5150 2012-10-24 15:12 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation