FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls at the Dagger Bar 12/09/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Hula Girls at the Dagger Bar 12/09/11
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-02 2:30 pm   Permalink

The Hula Girls rocked the place last night, They even got a group of non TCers
dancing away, I got to say that seeing & hearing the "Hula Girls" in the Dagger Bar
at Don's is just one of those "perfect moment" moments, Their sound just fits the ambiance
and mood of the place to a tee, I found myself just having one of those "Classic Tiki" moments.

And that's what you are missing if you don't step out and experience the Place, Band & Cocktails for yourself
you are just not living the "Tiki Lifestyle"

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-02 10:01 pm   Permalink

Bummed I missed it, Been sick for a week.

I say you gave it to me Chuck.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-02 11:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-02 22:01, bigtikidude wrote:
Bummed I missed it, Been sick for a week.

I say you gave it to me Chuck.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

Or was it the other way around?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 09:08 am   Permalink

Thanks Chuck! It was good seeing you at Don's!

What a blast we had! The place was packed! And there were only a few TC-ers there to see us. We drew pretty good from Motorama after a little flyering campaign. And the big group that was there when we started playing, stayed till closing. Good times at the Dagger Bar!

To our shock and amazement, we had a very special guest come and watch the show last night. One of the 'original' rockabilly cats, Don Myers - the bass player for Eddie Cochran from 1959 till his tragic death. He recorded on such Cochran tunes as "Something Else" and "Sitting in the Balcony!" It was a pleasure to play for such music legend. Especially given how much we all dig Eddie Cochran's catalog of music! Here he is with our own bassist, Christian Kessler.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-05 5:04 pm   Permalink

We're back! THIS Saturday night!
Come join us!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-05 7:43 pm   Permalink

That's a Bingo!

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-08 11:59 am   Permalink

Tonight!! He's a video with us and the lovely Szandora (from Thee Swank Bastards) performing an old Hank Thompson song. We'll be at Don the Beachcomber tonight from 9-midnight playing some music and celebrating both our drummer and our bassist's birthdays! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRRbztGWKy8&NR=1

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-14 09:17 am   Permalink

We're back at Don the Beachcomber, tonight, playing our hopped up hapa haole and surf music.

If you can't make it to Primitive to see us, come and hang out tonight!

9-midnight with happy hour starting at 11:00.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 1:20 pm   Permalink

The Hula Girls will be in the Dagger Bar during the big Tikiyaki show, this Saturday night! If you wanted to come out and the show has sold-out on you, you can still join in on the fun with us. There is no cost to see us in the bar!

We start at 9:00 and run till midnite.

Dinah DeRosa and Judy Luck will be dancing with us on Saturday night as well!

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 1:55 pm   Permalink

We will see you in the Dagger Bar, Spike!

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-31 3:14 pm   Permalink

Spike, will the Econoline be there ? If so, we have to park the vans out front !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 4:50 pm   Permalink

The Econoline will be there if you come to my house first with your van and you push it there for me. Ha!
I've got motor issues that I'm working out right now. Maybe I can drive the Thunderbird.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-02 09:57 am   Permalink

Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-04 12:16 am   Permalink

Looking forward to hanging with you in the Dagger Bar Saturday!

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-04 09:11 am   Permalink

I'll be running back & forth between rooms!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation