FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Check out my new Exotic Tiki Island Podcast
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Check out my new Exotic Tiki Island Podcast
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-28 08:07 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone, I just finished my first "Exotic Tiki Island Podcast" and it's now on itunes (I've included the podcast description and a map of "Exotic Tiki Island" below). It's definitely not perfect and there are some technical issues to work out but I'm looking for some quality feedback from all of you at Tiki Central. If you have any suggestions, ideas or criticisms, let me know. I'll take all your input into consideration when I create the next episode. Thanks in advance and enjoy the podcast!

Podcast description:
Aloha and Welcome to the Exotic Tiki Island Podcast with your host Tiki Brian. Join Tiki Brian as he travels to different parts of Exotic Tiki Island while playing vintage Hawaiian, Exotica and island related music from his personal LP record collection. Get ready to transcend back to an island tropical world with swaying palm trees, cool gentle ocean breezes and golden sandy beaches. Plus there will be a few surprises along the way. So lay back in your hammock, take a sip of your favorite cocktail, relax and enjoy some wonderful vintage musical treasures with Tiki Brian.

Here's the link to listen or download from iTunes. Enjoy!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/exotic-tiki-island-podcast/id468163646

~~ Tiki Brian ~~

A Map of Exotic Tiki Island

View Profile of Hauantedhouse5 Send a personal message to Hauantedhouse5  Email Hauantedhouse5 Goto the website of Hauantedhouse5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-30 09:16 am   Permalink

Hey, that was pretty fun! Loved the old hapa haole stuff! I liked the idea of moving around an "island" for the different types of music. Kudos for putting the album art up, too!

The only suggestion I would make is to maybe drop the "airline" part of it - there's already another very well-known and super-fab tiki airline motif goin' around.

Looking forward to the next one!

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-30 11:50 am   Permalink

Awesome! I'll check it out pronto.

Cheers!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-02 06:48 am   Permalink

Downloaded the podcast and I'm lovin' it! It's definitely gonna get lots of play on my ipod. Keep up the great work!

View Profile of Kahuna Tiki Send a personal message to Kahuna Tiki  Email Kahuna Tiki Goto the website of Kahuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-04 06:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-30 09:16, Hibiscus wrote:
Hey, that was pretty fun! Loved the old hapa haole stuff! I liked the idea of moving around an "island" for the different types of music. Kudos for putting the album art up, too!

The only suggestion I would make is to maybe drop the "airline" part of it - there's already another very well-known and super-fab tiki airline motif goin' around.

Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for checking out the podcast. I'm glad you liked it. Each episode will be a little different, including different modes of transportation getting to and from the island so the "airline" part will not be In every episode. Thanks for your input!

View Profile of Hauantedhouse5 Send a personal message to Hauantedhouse5  Email Hauantedhouse5 Goto the website of Hauantedhouse5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-04 06:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-02 06:48, Kahuna Tiki wrote:
Downloaded the podcast and I'm lovin' it! It's definitely gonna get lots of play on my ipod. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for checking it out! I had a lot of fun putting together the first episode. I've already starting on the next one.

Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-14 05:59 am   Permalink

Hey Everybody,

Working on the Exotic Tiki Island Podcast show 2. "Grandpa Otto's Grotto" on the upper east side of the island will be one of the new places you will visit. When you arrive to the grotto, Granda Otto will be playing some of his VERY vintage Hawaiian LP's from pre 1960's plus, there will be some other surprises that I'm not going to give away right now. You'll have to listen to find out!

Thanks for all your positive feed back from my website on show 1!

http://www.briancooper.us/tiki_brian/tiki/

Tiki Brian

Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-04 2:09 pm   Permalink

**NEW** Show 2 of my Exotic Tiki Island Podcast is now available on iTunes. In this episode we vist Grandpa Otto's Grotto where he plays very vintage Hawaiian LP's on his victrola. Enjoy the show.
Tiki Brian

Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-10 10:39 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Show number 3 of my Exotic Tiki Island Podcast is now available.
I hope your ready for another fantastic adventure back into yesteryear and to take another visit back to Exotic Tiki Island while I play more vintage Hawaiian, Exotica and Island related music from my own personal LP collection. In this show we will visiting the Main Beach, The Hurricane Hut Lounge and the all mighty Virgin Volcano where we will hear the local natives perform their exotic musical ceremony to pay tribute to the Great Virgin Volcano Fire Goddess. So lets get started on our musical journey and travel back in time and visit Exotic Tiki Island.

You can download from iTunes here:

Enjoy!
Tiki Brian

liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-14 10:40 pm   Permalink

I just found this thread and downloaded all 3 shows. Awesome!!!! I'm definitely a subscriber now! Keep up the great work. Can't wait til the next one!

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 8:25 pm   Permalink

really enjoyed that. just subscribed to this show and looking forward to more episodes. thanks for sharing. see you on the island

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-16 07:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-14 22:40, liltikichef wrote:
I just found this thread and downloaded all 3 shows. Awesome!!!! I'm definitely a subscriber now! Keep up the great work. Can't wait til the next one!

Aloha and Thanks for subscribing!. I've already started on show 4.

Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-16 07:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-15 20:25, socksoff wrote:
really enjoyed that. just subscribed to this show and looking forward to more episodes. thanks for sharing. see you on the island

Aloha, Glad you like the show. I'm having a blast sharing my vintage record collection with everyone.

StAckEdsKuLLs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-23 05:30 am   Permalink

Aloha Brian. All 3 podcasts are awesome. Great music!! Very relaxing. Mahalo!

View Profile of StAckEdsKuLLs Send a personal message to StAckEdsKuLLs  Email StAckEdsKuLLs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-23 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-23 05:30, StAckEdsKuLLs wrote:
Aloha Brian. All 3 podcasts are awesome. Great music!! Very relaxing. Mahalo!

Thanks!, I'm glad your enjoying the shows. I'm working on show 4 now. Lot's of surprises.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation