FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Adventures of Shecky, the Green Globetrotter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
The Adventures of Shecky, the Green Globetrotter
Sabina
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-01 04:25 am   Permalink

Shecky #60 has made the pilgrimage!

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense... but the journey was sooooo worth it!

We spent an afternoon in Monterey taking Shecky #60 to 'meet his makers' and found Paul and Stuckie are as amazing and kind in person as they are via web order If I was in awe from afar, I'm now gaagaa!

Shecky had a fantastic time too- and met a surprise friend-

someone without a number, a sneaky Shecky, known only as "Demo"!

Click on the 4th album ("Shecky #60 visits home...") in Shecky's travel gallery to meet Shecky's friend!

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Wheres-Shecky

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2005-10-03 10:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2005-10-03 10:05 ]

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 09:03 am   Permalink

Ask Unga Bunga about his new mug prototype called "Shreky"?

Unga,

you got any pics of this wonderful new design?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 09:46 am   Permalink

Interesting, so Shecky Demo looks to be more green? Which would be wierd cause that would make your the brown one. There is a picture of the new brain in the background that came out today.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina

Posted: 2005-07-03 02:18 am   Permalink

"Demo" was apparently an early glaze color test, mine is indeed, much browner.

What about other folks's Sheckys, are they more towards the brownish or greener end of the color spectrum?

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 3:14 pm   Permalink

I'm going to Cancun next month anyone willing to let me take their shecky along ? I'll pay his way and make sure you stays out of a mexican prison . I promise ! but if he doesn't return he's in prison not at my house I swear . Or nobody else bid on the one on ebay and I can have him all to myself please!!!! he told me he really wants to drink in cancun

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina

Posted: 2005-08-01 01:54 am   Permalink

A recent Shecky sighting- at Tiki Bob's in San Francisco-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Shecky-at-Tiki-Bob

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-25 09:51 am   Permalink

Arrrrgh!

I have no Shecky!

What is wrong with me? Now that Humu's Ooga Mooga site is up, I'm realizing that as a addicted member of Tiki Central, I really should have gotten a Shecky when they were cheap and plentiful! My fault entirely.... That's what I get for waiting!

Anyone out there wanna take pity on me and my pitiful mug collection?

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina

Posted: 2005-10-03 10:02 am   Permalink

Tikis and Aliens?

Yup- we have the photographic evidence in hand!

As a very special spooky October treat, I've just added a long lost episode in Shecky's travels.

Shecky once starred in an X-files episode, unfortunately, by the time the episode aired poor Shecky was left on the cutting room floor. But that's Ok, because the truth is out there...

Shecky pays a visit to Agent Scully's apartment-

just click on the last album- "Shecky at Agent Scully's Apartment, Vancouver" from this page-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Wheres-Shecky

ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 7:11 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady 2006-06-20 13:37 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 10:53 pm   Permalink

I recently found some old photos of Shecky in Amsterdam, so I scanned them in and here they are. Sorry about the quality - they were taken back when we used film!

First two are Shecky in 'The Other Place' - a Hell's Angels owned hangout.

I just noticed Shecky is next to a sign for joints - 4 Euro a pop!

The other one was taken in an old Dutch Gin joint. I remember taking it because I thought it was incredible how much the dad looked to his two sons.

Anyway, these days Shecky is too much of a celebrity to be seen out much. His handlers seem to want to wrap him in cotton wool. I'd like to think that he sometimes gets the chance to slip out past his minders and enjoy himself like he did in the old days.....

Trader Woody

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Woody 2009-10-20 02:13 ]

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation