FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Tiki Hut ****In Tiki Magazine!!!!****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
My Tiki Hut ****In Tiki Magazine!!!!****
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 08:51 am   Permalink

Sweet hut and design. I loved the Mystery Tiki story. He's in a good home now.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-27 10:47 am   Permalink

WooHoo!!! So when's the party???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 07:28 am   Permalink

Excellent work! I've been trying to see the site for 4 days and it was worth the wait. Very nice job indeed!
I really like how your bananas are doing. I just planted my first this spring and can not believe how large he has gotten in just a few months. The hard part will be when I have to dig him up in the fall to bring him back indoors. Hope it works out OK.
Again, very nice handy work!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 8:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Nice!! Not bad for mainland! When global warming really hits. He'll be ready with coconut trees AND probably beachfront property...while the HumuHumu swim by.

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 10:42 pm   Permalink

Heres a few pics of the new bridge I bought for my backyard.
I had been considering buying one for over a year and finally did it. All and all I'm pretty happy with it.
Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 07:40 am   Permalink

Way to go, Erich! Great pictures.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mermaidhouse

Posted: 2005-09-11 07:49 am   Permalink

Nice job! From first hand experience with bannas - fruiting will kill the stem, and the fruit really doesn't taste that good. We keep cutting the pods off before they open to keep the stem alive - folige more important than bad bannas

View Profile of mermaidhouse Send a personal message to mermaidhouse  Email mermaidhouse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-11 08:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-11 07:49, mermaidhouse wrote:
Nice job! From first hand experience with bannas - fruiting will kill the stem, and the fruit really doesn't taste that good. We keep cutting the pods off before they open to keep the stem alive - folige more important than bad bannas

Um...well...I hate to disagree but, a couple of things, first most banana plants grow cooking bananas not eating bananas, slice a home grown banana length wise and fry it in a little butter and brown sugar and I promise you will never cut off a bud again, second the fruiting signals the plant to send up "babies" You will get 4-10 new plants when the one stalk dies. Oh yeah, when the bananas are all out and you can see that there will be no more, then cut off the end at the flower, it makes an incredible soup, then when the bananas are all formed but not yet yellow, cut off the bunch, loose wrap with newspaper and put them in a dark place for a few days. Be sure to keep and eye on them, they ripen fast. I have about 4 to 5 plants at any given time in fruit, I also like to cook pork in the ground, banana stalks are what I use to line the pit as Ti plants are rare here and seaweed is a myth. I would hate to cut down a good plant to use but a flowering stalk is a prime target.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-11 08:45 am   Permalink

damn... wish i could live like that too. great!

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 08:30 am   Permalink

This could be the end of the line for my Backyard.

The wife and I have decided to move, so the hut will be coming down soon. I'll be taking out the ponds, and some of the trees and plants.

I made it real clear to the realitor that it was coming all down and to make sure the new people realized this.

The new place we are bidding on is a newer house that has a slightly bigger yard, and the reminents of a pond and Lava rock waterfall. While it depressing to think about tearing down the hut, it exciting to think about recreating it with a blank slate. The elements are much friendlier in the new yard than mine was originally.

So anyone who hasn't seen the site, here it is:
http://www.geocities.com/erichtroudt/

Anyone who is nearby that wants to see it in person better contact me quick

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 08:44 am   Permalink

Big Sigh of sadness. Will you continue to tikify your new digs (providing there is space)?

This was a very nice place to behold.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 01:34 am   Permalink

So I didn't move and the hut and the backyard is still intact, and better than ever.

The lawn equipment was banished back to the garage and the inside of the hut it all decorated inside. I put up tons of shelves and filled them with shells, tikis, nautical stuff, etc. It look like a real Trading Post now.

Put up new thatching, and added a new section of beem cardved by b-one tiki.

For fathers day I received one of those big bamboo chairs from big lots. I rigged the hut with electricity and enjoy sitting in there at night, smoking cigars and watching adventure movies, indiana jones, ramar of the jungle and pirate documentaries.

Some really cool pics will be surfacing soon of the backyard.

Erich

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 06:27 am   Permalink

Good Lord! It's the magical return of Erich Troudt. Can't wait to see some new pictures.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 10:36 pm   Permalink

Damn you're a tease Erich! Let's see the new stuff man!! I gotta get over to B-One Tiki's place one of these days...

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 07:43 am   Permalink

Open the doors... you got granny locked up in their !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation