FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts LSL Kahiki Pottery & Progression
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
LSL Kahiki Pottery & Progression
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-15 11:52 pm   Permalink

Very Nice Linda! I like them all, Tiki Bob is great but the Mauna Loa is my favorite I think..
So about this Dickhead Cocktail Shaker..... Will it come with shaking directions..?

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 3:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Thank you Wendy for all your kind words and encouragement, if not for you I wouldn't be on here and would have missed all the fun!

Mahalo Beachbumz, I can't get over how well the Bird mug(Mauna Loa) came out Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! As for the Cocktail Shaker, if you need directions I'm sure I can come up, with something! Of course as Craig would say "You know how to keep a hard-on?"..."Don't f#@k with it!" Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Had to do Manual Labor today, so no new progress to report. but, tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for stopping by, y'all come back now!

Mahalo Y'all,
Linda

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 12:02 pm   Permalink

Well I finished up the tiny Mystery Bowl, was killing myself with detail but, it's so small the glaze will eat up the detail anyway!

So step away from the miniature!

Did another Kahiki Moai Mug was wanting to try some stone texture. I didn't have any sandpaper but, found a green scrubby, we'll see!

Thanks for stopping by!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 12:56 pm   Permalink

Hi Linda,
Love your work!
Great idea with the scrubby. It's amazing how you can find things around the house that come in so handy!

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 3:47 pm   Permalink

Thank you TikiRootsRocka! I just keep trying, anything you can pass on from class will be greatly appreciated!

umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 12:08 pm   Permalink

Well, as I was staring at my newly wedged clay looking for any sign of inspiration...I got nothing. When out of the corner of my eye I got a glimpse of my replacement Mele Kalikimaka Island and in a flash I saw Santa, wiggling his bare feet and enjoying a nice cocktail after a long nights work!

So I started with the head, hollowed it out and attached it to his body.

After squishing his body around he plopped down and found legs.

Tooling and tweaking and oh so happy!

Mahalo Y'all,
Linda

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 12:40 pm   Permalink

Santa's so cute. The Moai is terrific as is the mystery bowl. See I was right you found a home where you belong that is a non-stop party. (: Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 5:08 pm   Permalink

Thank you Wendy, I really can't thank you enough, I do feel at home here.

Cheers to you!
Linda

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 5:27 pm   Permalink

Santa looks like he's howling at the moon!!!

Love the little bowl, so tiny!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 09:17 am   Permalink

Thank you Mike, He is a happy Santa!

Ho,Ho,Ho and a Mug of Rum!
Linda

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 5:55 pm   Permalink

That little bowl is very cute, as is Santa. I think Santa wants to drink from the little bowl with a traditional long straw.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 06:14 am   Permalink

Hi Tigertail777, That is a great idea! I love it! I'm making a trip to the kiln today, can't wait to glaze some more. I'm going to go make a long straw. Thanks Tigertail777!

Mahalo,
Linda

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 10:11 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to see it Linda, that is going to one tiki-riffic Santa!

Really, I was just kidding around but I am glad you got some inspiration from my joking. I guess we never know where tiki lightning will strike do we?

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-24 04:46 am   Permalink

That's correct Tigertail777, I made a long straw and a fruit stick! I made 2 umbrellas that I'm not sure I'm happy with! I am always thankful for inspiration however come by!

Everything made the trip to the Kiln without any problems and I picked up Santa Mug, Dick Head, Coco~Loco and another Happy Hour Island! Been glazing Santa Mug!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for being able to do what I love and for being able to share with all of you!!!

Mahalo Y'all,
Linda

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-24 06:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-24 04:46, umeone wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for being able to do what I love and for being able to share with all of you!!!

Mahalo Y'all,
Linda

Amen!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation