FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki "Holy Hell It's (already) The Holidays!" Swap 2011 - POST PICS OF YOUR SWAPS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
"Holy Hell It's (already) The Holidays!" Swap 2011 - POST PICS OF YOUR SWAPS
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 7:38 pm   Permalink

Big big thanks to TikiPug aka Jason Smith in NV. The Tiki Reviver/Book of Tiki cover mug from TikiFarm (which has a been a big lust object for me), an jumbo Den of Sin rocks glass (which will definitely get some heavy use) and some really wonderful go withs (including a quality hula girl finally scaled for my truck's dash which is too close to the mirror for a more commonly-sized wiggler). Major thanks, and happy holidays! Also = love that Aloha Hawaii stamped piece of cloth...what's the story there?

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 8:56 pm   Permalink

I arrived home from a weekend away to find my box of goodies......
some great mugs and goodies from ...bongofury.....
The tiki gods have smiled upon me........the fringe Hawaii banner and plate will grace my bar,as will the mugs...
and the music will travel to work with me....oh and a Don Ho dvd...cool
Thank you bongofury and Happy Holidays

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 11:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-01 17:53, ukutiki wrote:
I received my package from Mr. Smiley and what a surprise: A Frankie's One Armed Bandit mug, 4 tall plastic Trader Vic mugs and Frankie's swizzle and cocktail picks. The One Armed bandit has always been a favorite...and a good thing too. I had two swaps going this time and I received the same Frankie's mug from both. Who wudda thunk it? Also a few weeks ago a friend visited Las Vegas and brought back the same mug. The official definition of a collection is three so I now have an official collection of One Armed Bandits...Neat.

If three is a crowd, you always have some spare mugs to trade next time!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 07:42 am   Permalink

Queen your trader was Loki Tiki

Great boxes everyone!

We have a couple more...

Unkle John - there was an issue with your original trade so your new trade is being sent out Tuesday

Mr Smiley
Loki Tiki
Helve Tiki

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-05 07:42, SandraDee wrote:
Queen your trader was Loki Tiki

Thank you Loki Tiki, I changed my post too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my package

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-05 07:42, SandraDee wrote:
Unkle John - there was an issue with your original trade so your new trade is being sent out Tuesday

Right on, thanks for the heads up!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 5:23 pm   Permalink

Finally took pix of my new treasures!

Thank you to Slacks Ferret for this stash of Hawaiian goodness

And another big thank you to Tiki-Atari for this cornucopia of cocktail treats:

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-06 10:02 am   Permalink

I just want to reinterate for the next swap:

If you are sending boxes that contain chipped/cracked/reglued items perhaps these tiki mug swaps are not for you.

Although no one expects to open their box and find a Tiki Bob its still exciting to get a well thought out box that does not look like the bottom of a Goodwill bin.

I have heard from a few people over the past few swaps about receiving boxes that contained such items and it really is a dissapointment.

I like that the swaps are fun and even though we may receive duplicate mugs its all about sending and receiving boxes stuffed full of tiki goodness--
As they say : send what you would like to receive.

I hate having to mention this here but I am hoping this is the last time I have to say anything.

Also Surfalia your box is being shipped today/tomorrow. When you recieve it I am sure you won't mind the slight delay

And to whomever sent me my box I am picking it up from the post office this weekend. (and yes I know you know I know who my swapper is but why spoil anyone else's fun??)

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2011-12-06 10:03 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-06 10:06 am   Permalink

Aloha Folks,

I received my first swap from aloha.taboo today,

Yeah!! a Sqrewed-up Squll! this is very cool because I had this guy on my wish list.

cool, cool, cool...
thank you very much!

Mahalo,
HT

[ This Message was edited by: HelveTiki 2011-12-06 11:44 ]

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-06 6:35 pm   Permalink

My trade arrived safe & sound last Friday. I received a box full of goodies from "House of Ku" Freddie. If my memory is correct, I was his trader a few years ago.

A bamboo mug from Fisherman's Wharf, Honolulu. A cool vase or pencil holder. A Coco Joe's statue, a little wood tiki. Swizzle sticks from, Tiki Farm, Sahara Dining Lounge, Edmonton & an unknown one. A really neat two sided tiki key chain.

Freddie, Thanks for the great package & Happy Holidays to you too!!
Mike "Tikipops"

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-06 11:15 pm   Permalink

Got my package last week, but was totally, insanely busy and did not have a chance to post pics until now...

WOW, what a haul! Mucho mahalos to Tiki Shaker... it was an endless box of tiki treasure!

Here's the whole package:

And some of the highlights:

A mug from Daytona's Hawaiian Inn, a huge volcano bowl, an ashtray from the Lanai in San Matteo, matches from The Outrigger, The Luau, Kelbos Fairfax, and (non-tiki, but cool none the less) Pie King in Arcadia.

Ephemera and cordials!

A box of vintage Jaquin's liqueurs (and I cannot tell a lie... one was cherry flavored, in a George Washington shaped bottle!), two small vintage magazines packed with cool graphics and great cocktail recipes, and Puerto Rican Rumsters, awesome little cut out figures used for decorating cocktail glasses (and as I'm typing this, I just realized there's rum recipes on the backs of those, too!)

Plus paper parasols, a vintage fish-shaped bottle opener, a tiki candle, swizzles, candy canes, Christmas party straws, and interspersed among the packing popcorn- snowflakes, ornaments, and tinsel, making the whole package like a snowbank packed with tropical treats!

...and a paper lantern with a festive holiday greeting from Tiki Shaker... Mahalos again!!!!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-07 01:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-06 18:35, TikiPops wrote:
My trade arrived safe & sound last Friday. I received a box full of goodies from "House of Ku" Freddie. If my memory is correct, I was his trader a few years ago.

A bamboo mug from Fisherman's Wharf, Honolulu. A cool vase or pencil holder. A Coco Joe's statue, a little wood tiki. Swizzle sticks from, Tiki Farm, Sahara Dining Lounge, Edmonton & an unknown one. A really neat two sided tiki key chain.

Freddie, Thanks for the great package & Happy Holidays to you too!!
Mike "Tikipops"

Ha ha...to the untrained eye... ...a vase...otherwise...crypto mug (Diamond head)

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-07 03:34 am   Permalink

That is so cool! This swap has had so many cool boxes. I'm out of town for at least another day but my wife told me my box has arrived safe and sound. She is waiting until I get back to open it and would only tell me that it came from a warm island! I can't wait.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-07 12:24 pm   Permalink

Lots of great stuff out there! Thanks again SandraDee for organizing this!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-07 3:23 pm   Permalink

both my trades have arrived safe and sound - thanks to both my traders -

I'll post pics tomorrow as soon as the camera is located.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation