FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Keylo Carving-Ukulele Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Keylo Carving-Ukulele Tiki
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-01 8:06 pm   Permalink

Man, King uke hana is way kool,dig the grass skirt!Look'n forward to see'n some more
pieces.Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-05 6:16 pm   Permalink

thanks for the comps on King Uke-A-Hana. It might be a while before I post anything new, since King Uke-A-Hana was seen by a few local natives around here, it looks like I will be carving up Ukuleles and grass skirts for my next couple of projects or so. Thanks for droppin in.

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-08 5:35 pm   Permalink

Sometimes when it rains it pours. It's raining Ukulele's & Grass Skirts in my backyard. Since making one Ukulele tiki with a grass skirt there have been a rash of local natives in my area wanting one. This is number 3 with one more to go. It isn't exactly new but the head and base are. Stain to come.

Mahalo to those passing by.

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-08 5:39 pm   Permalink

Great work! Those would go over big here on the left coast too!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-08 6:43 pm   Permalink

That's Sharp!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 08:14 am   Permalink

That is one handsome tiki!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-19 12:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Capt'n Jack, Chuck and Amate for dropping in and for your comps.

finally got some stain on my last tiki which I am calling JoJo.

Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-19 2:04 pm   Permalink

These guy are rad,maybe you could throw in some drums and start a whole
band series!Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 07:26 am   Permalink

I really like it - but - I have to give you a "Carve Deeper".

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 10:13 am   Permalink

Me like,
A lot...
Great detail
Keep on rockin

Jon (hang10tiki)

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-20 11:59 am   Permalink

Watango, thanks man. I have wanted to do one with a drum because I play percussion, but my guitar playing buds keep twisting my arm for the Ukulele tiki. Maybe after New Years I can get to making one with a drum. Hope your trip to the Big Island is one filled with much amazing coolness.

Tom, thanks a whole heap man! I hear ya on carving deeper especially in the upper body area of this one. I really appreciate your critique because it helps me to refine and improve my carving. It also helps to see those pics of those awesome Pepper Grinders and other amazing peices your doing to help me see where I need to improve on representing the features of tiki anatomy.

Jon, Thanks for you comps and stopping by all the way from the Cali

Grimbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-05 04:07 am   Permalink

Great tikis, I especially like the square Marquesan. Ahh the carvers on TC are so damn inspirational.
Thanks for posting!

View Profile of Grimbo Send a personal message to Grimbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-05 06:45 am   Permalink

Your work is fantastic. I like all of them. Each has some crisp detail. The guy with the ukelele is my favorite.

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-09 7:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grimbo and Grand Poobah for dropping by.

Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-09 7:29 pm   Permalink

I haven't had time to carve but I have been working on a few projects that involve tiki in the design.
Here is a T-shirt design I did company in Hawaii.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation