FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Queen Palm Root Ball in the Oven
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Queen Palm Root Ball in the Oven
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 2:02 pm   Permalink

Sweet job. I like your style.

View Profile of For the Love of Tiki Send a personal message to For the Love of Tiki  Email For the Love of Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 3:06 pm   Permalink

awesomesauce

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-21 9:44 pm   Permalink

I fell off the edge of the world as far as carving tikis was concerned. I am trying to climb back up the cliff. Heres a tiki I carved for a friends dad. He wanted their family name "Haynes" and Ohana on the tiki somewhere. I figured Ohana should be something highly valued and worth protecting so I used the idea of a Chief/Warrior. Heres my take on "Chief Ohana Haynes"

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-24 11:21 am   Permalink

Very Cool!

View Profile of Tuga's Tikis Send a personal message to Tuga's Tikis  Email Tuga's Tikis Goto the website of Tuga's Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-25 06:26 am   Permalink

Super duper Tiki!

View Profile of For the Love of Tiki Send a personal message to For the Love of Tiki  Email For the Love of Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-28 1:31 pm   Permalink

Some really nice and imaginative carvings on this thread Keylo. Last one is very cool.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-04 9:29 pm   Permalink

Tuga and For The Love thanks for dropping with those words. Conga thanks too. Its always inspirational looking thru your amazing work.

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-18 8:58 pm   Permalink

A few years back I tried a experiment at carving a tiki on the fly with no plan. I didn't like the way it came out, so I sat him in the corner for a few millennia. A while back I decided to give him an extreme makeover. I was carving some design elements on the side of his jaw and when I stepped back I thought it looked like the number 68. So I decided to continue with the 68 theme on the other side and his back. With his elongated spiny snozzle and I decided to call him Ooga 68.

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-19 08:02 am   Permalink

Killer Kool Keylo.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-19 09:33 am   Permalink

Ooga looks good.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 09:25 am   Permalink

Thanks Cy and Hiltiki

Keylo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 09:43 am   Permalink

I got a call this morning from a friend who took out an sickly Queen Palm, so with the trusty Ranger I went and scooped it up.
I welcome any advice on drying this Royal Root Ball out, drop a line. Mahalo

Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 1:30 pm   Permalink

Some like queen palm some don't.
Some times it dries & some times it rots.
I think I'd split it down the middle to
give it the best chance to dry.
Then carve 2 masks.
Every one will really like them.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 8:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Will. Never have carved on a Queen, but have seen a lot of them die up this way, and they go quick. Drive around and see them bend in half like they have no core.
Appreciate the advice, sounds like a good plan.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 26 days ago; 06:37 am   Permalink

Don't wait. I like Will's idea. When palms die the roots will continue to pump water to the rest of the tree - that's why if they stay in the ground they rot and bend in half. Don't wait for it to dry. Start carving and it will dry out.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation