FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Central Member Infirmary
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Tiki Central Member Infirmary
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-20 11:12 am   Permalink

A gathering place for the sick, injured and out-of-sorts...yes we have a psych ward!!!
Share your horror stories and pictures...a warning to the squeamish.

This year has been a bad karma one for me...had the respiratory plague in Feb/March. Then in August took a bad fall and had a serious break to my right wrist. Broke radius and ulnar bones and my wrist slipped up and back over the broken bones...ouch!!! Luckily Doogie Howser was able to reduce it after excessive attempts in ED...had a very heavy, very tight cast on from knuckles to mid-upper arm for 6 weeks.

Have been out of the cast now for about two weeks and still can't use my hand. Can only painfully bend my fingers and wrist about 1/4 of the way and have a lot of weakness and still some swelling. Still sleeping in a recliner. Se la vi...at least I have my wrist. Have been off work on disability...which I would rather not be...sigh. Only made it to 2 locations on our Sac Crawl this year...but good to get out as possible with the help of others (still can't drive).

Hang in there all you peeps with your health issues.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-21 08:15 am   Permalink

Doogie Howser I know that feeling. I work in a hospital and several years back I noticed that a few of the ER docs were younger than me. Now it seems like they ALL are. I can't be that I'm getting older, they must be graduating from med school earlier!

Here's my recent minor surgery, had some sort of fibrous lump taken out of my palm where it was growing onto my tendon. My first surgery since I had my tonsils out in 1968. Also my second stiches in my life (the first were last year when I had a mole removed, and that could have just used a couple of steri-strips)

I'm now three years past the magic age and still haven't had my colonoscopy done, now that I met my deductable I should try to have that done before the end of the year. Maybe I can post some pics of that here - or not!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-21 11:20 am   Permalink

So Mike...that must be your new lifeline. It's a little jagged, but we know you live on the edge!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-21 1:08 pm   Permalink

Mother's Day 2011 I fell down the stairs from the top and broke my arm and hit my head. I had a metal plate put in. Here's my favorite photo.

I have surgery photos but they are more gruesome than the knee photo so I didn't post those.

On the way to Tiki Oasis, I fell again and broke my ankle and ruined my knee. I still hobbled around, I didn't want to miss the best party of the year.

Sorry Vamp and MDM, here's my knee this time yesterday, Wendy

Update 10/30/11 I'm up and walking around now. I'm a very fortunate person to have health care. If I didn't I'd owe $100,000 just for this summers injuries.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-10-30 09:46 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-21 1:24 pm   Permalink

This is going to be a morbid thread So far it's all healthcare professionals posting, are we the only ones that get injuries?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-21 4:25 pm   Permalink

We are probably the only ones who "appreciate" the many tortures on the human body, mind and spirit.

Hope they sucked all the evilness out of your knee Wendy. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-22 9:31 pm   Permalink

Geez, who can compete with you guys? Who would WANT to? My feeble injuries currently include a broken toe and a re-redux of sciatica that will require a third epidural injection appointment. Or maybe just a few Mai-Tais for now...

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 8:27 pm   Permalink

Nothing to compare with the above, but I just finished up a rediculous course of IV & oral antibiotics after being bitten by the neighbor's darn house cat about 10 days ago. If cats thought I didn't like them before...

Hope everyone else is healing up right!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-27 8:51 pm   Permalink

Cat Scratch Fever?

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 12:25 pm   Permalink

I know a lot about sciatic pain and treatment. If you would like to have some helpful hints just send me a PM ASAP. I say that because I get to have my third surgery in 7 months on 11/30/11. I'll be down for a bit after that. I'll try to have more photos taken. This time it's just my left thumb. I hope your shots work.

Cat scratches and bites are super scary. Remember every pill of the antibiotics must be taken or mutations will invade your body and you could end up someplace even scarier than the bite! I hope you are fine and will stay that way.

Sorry I didn't get the names with these messages. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 2:47 pm   Permalink

Cat bites can be very nasty as they harbor some evil bacteria in their mouths (especially those that are out hunting). My Mom got bit by a ferel cat she had on the back of her leg and had to get IV drugs and debridement of the wound...she still has a very deep scar (the cat is in hell).

Still doing physical therapy on my paw, but it is doing better. Can't make a fist yet and it is very weak, but I am half-way there I think.

Wendy...I think you win the prize for most banged up so far here.

This has been a rough year for folks with many losses, so think we have our Tiki community to look towards and give a nod of appreciation for all the support everyone provides. With so many events and personal contributions to our challenges, we are indeed a lucky, caring clan of folks.

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 6:41 pm   Permalink

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, Wendy! I hope it does the trick and that you heal quicker than expected.

I can sympathize with no use of your hand, Vamp - my hand & wrist were only out of commission for a couple days due to the infection, but it was frustrating.

Hoping Mike's & Zinctiki's pains go away soon, too!

Thanks for the well wishes, though mine was just a minor incident! I finshed all the antibiotics and everything seems to be back to normal. I had no idea that a cared-for, indoor cat could be such a menace. Next time she sneaks outside, she's on her own!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-30 09:21 am   Permalink

bamalamalu, Vamp, MDM everyone who has sent me well wishes. Fingers crossed -on the good hand- that I'll get some fun photos.

I'm glad we are all on the mend. 2012 NO INJURIES ALLOWED! Cheers, Wendy

went well, stayed awake, no anesthesia, i turned it down, had arm block

photos tomorrow

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-11-30 16:47 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-01 08:28 am   Permalink

most of my surgery photos didn't come out. the light was so bright it was all white. a few were just fine and here they are

my anesthesiologist and surgeon Dr. Nielsen

ready to go, tourniquet on arm after all blood was squeezed out

first cut

enlarging the cut

home with everything i need which Dan set up

i've got dan my right and now left hand, i'm so lucky!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-01 11:08 am   Permalink

It was Cat Stevens who said "the first cut is the deepest"

Glad you are doing well Wendy:)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation