FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Central Member Infirmary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Tiki Central Member Infirmary
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-01 6:11 pm   Permalink

Wow Wendy...you are a trooper!!! Good to hear everything went well. Bless Dan for being such a good nurse. ~hugshugs to you both~

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-02 5:34 pm   Permalink

Geez, Wendy! There's a lot of us collectors here on TC, but I think you're the only one collecting surgeries! Get well soon & get back to making cool stuff.
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-05 08:46 am   Permalink

Thanks Vamp and Rick. My collection is complete. I hope to never add another one added. I'm so thankful for all the help I've had by terrific surgeons and their staff.

I got to unwrap my hand to change to a bandaid. Looks good and hurts way less than before the surgery. I've gotten back to the art by glazing some projects.

May everyone stay well and happy in the new year, cheers, Wendy

PS the wrist was the deepest cut MDM

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-12-05 08:47 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-05 8:11 pm   Permalink

Looks great Wendy...at least you will be able to hitchhike with it.

I am starting a "wrist class" later this week. Who knew my wrist would get some class!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-05 8:46 pm   Permalink

Oh my Vamp. I've never heard of that class, please share what you learn with me. My wrist hurts as much now as it did 5 months ago. The surgeon says to give it a year to get better. See you tomorrow? I hope so, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

Here's another chance for you to laugh AT me and not WITH me I had a glass splinter in my hand for several months and I got tired of waiting for it to go away. So I went in about a month ago to have it removed. The surgeon is a young beautiful woman who I know pretty well, when she went to inject the local anesthetic I got all woozy and almost passed out - I HATE NEEDLES (I don't mind being on the dull end, just not on the sharp end) I had to lay down and was most embarrassed! It's not about blood or pain - if I cut or smash my finger while I'm working on something, I'll just keep working until I finish then clean it up. It's just something about those damned needles!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 6:23 pm   Permalink

Reminds me of a funny hospital story. I worked ICU for 16 years. As an ICU nurse you are expected to know a little bit about everything, so when the ICU is overstaffed and other areas need help, nurses have to float to the other units to work...a not so fun thing. One of the gals had to float to the Emergency Department one night. She was a petite girl and a big burly cop who had been exposed to a serious infection came in and had to have a shot of Penicillin. I have given those shots before and the liquid is very viscous and requires a large bore needle to give and is given in the bootay. So she tells the cop to bend over and she is getting the syringe and alcohol sponge ready and the guy faints on top of her. She was pinned underneath him and yelling "help, help, help" until other staff members ran in to extract her out from under him.

My ex did not like needles either. I usually had to go to the dentist with him as he would be white as a sheet just sitting in the waiting room. I always told him to lay down when he had to get a shot. Better than hitting the deck and having a concussion.

That needle thang happens to a lot of folks Mike...BUCK UP BONZO!!!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 6:41 pm   Permalink

Great story Marlene. At age 40 (1998) I decided I had had enough of this needle thing - I was a grown man and a black belt, I needed to quit being a wus. So I got my flu shot, my tetnus shot & hepatitis vaccine series that I had been putting off, I donated blood, I had routine lab work done and I pierced my own belly button (at work - I was bored and we had all the supplies). I went home and showed my wife my sexy new belly button ring. Her reaction was "MIKE!!! GET THAT THING OUT BEFORE THE CHILDREN SEE IT!!!"

I'm much better now but sometimes the needles still gets to me.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 8:44 pm   Permalink

Good story Vamp. At work it was always the guys that passed out when I gave them a shot.

No Way Mike. A black belt in karate or judo? I can't believe you did that to your belly button.

Now I will go to bed smiling at how funny people are in this world. Wendy

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 9:08 pm   Permalink

Okinawan Seidokan Karate. Someday when I'm bored I'll tell you the rest of the piercing story

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-08 7:11 pm   Permalink

I hit myself in the face today with a lug wrench while changing a tire and broke my nose. They put a plaster cast on it in the ER and I'm supposed to see the Ear/Nose/Throat doc on Tuesday

NOT REALLY!!! I'm working on a project and needed a plaster mold of my nose and mouth

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-09 1:02 pm   Permalink

Mike, I've decided you are handsome no matter what you wear, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-01-09 18:05 ]

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 5:33 pm   Permalink

Nice plaster beard/moustache....needs trimming.

Next: Plaster eyebrows, for the sculptor who has everything.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-20 8:53 pm   Permalink

LOL Mike...shades of Hannibal. Nice mug!!!

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 9:16 pm   Permalink

Im totally ick with a very bad cold, stoopid cold!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation