FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Central Member Infirmary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Central Member Infirmary
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-16 08:34 am   Permalink

Hi GROG, Dan read your log last night at the hotel. He thinks you are a creative writer. He thinks you really did see that nurse but are hiding the fact and her from us. We are looking forward to having you all healed and ready to party. We are waiting to hear about the result and next step. Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-16 09:04 am   Permalink

Please get to feeling better soon. TC misses your photoshopping skills!

You need a van like this!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-17 8:11 pm   Permalink

Grog,

My baby sister had open heart surgery 8 years ago.

She had "electrical" problems (heriditary) plus much blockage & is a member of the "cracked chest club."

Missy said that they gave her a stuffed heart to hold when she was experiencing pain & she was very upset when she vomitted on it! (they gave her a new one)

She is doing GREAT! & if my baby sister can do this, a grizzled old cave man can do it too!

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-18 12:21 am   Permalink

Thanks Kele. GROG try and not vomit on GROG' heart pillow.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 11:49 am   Permalink

GROG they will tell you to hold the pillow tight to your chest when you cough or laugh. I think you will have a lot to laugh about as you tell zipper jokes. When is your next appointment? (: Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-07-19 1:35 pm   Permalink

GROG meetng some heart surgeons next week at Providence St. Josephs, and trying to set up an appointment to see some heart surgeons at Cedars Sinai, but they wont' be available to meet with until first week of August. Been updating GROG' journal pretty regularly, so far.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 10:16 pm   Permalink

http://www.heart-valve-surgery.com/journals/user/erniekeen

If I don't have the link in front of me I forget there's a place to go to besides here. I just finished reading about your rear end (car) and heart and bank update. 50! in September, you are really just a kid so you should do well. I would be sad not to see you at Oasis but some things are more important. Best wishes always, Wendy

GROG

Posted: 2013-07-19 11:53 pm   Permalink

If things keep progressing as slow as they are, GROG may end up being able to go to Oasis. But, that remains to be seen.

If you have trouble remembering to check the journal, you can click to receive an email that notifies you whenever GROG make new entry into journal.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-20 12:44 pm   Permalink

How a primitive man knows all the computer smart steps is beyond this senior citizen. I will go do that right now because I have a need to know. Today I will get set up to glaze your get well mug. I would love to hand it to you at Oasis but do as the doctors tell you to do. Many hugs, Wendy

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-20 8:21 pm   Permalink

Thinking of you Grog and hope all your scheduling works out for you. ~M~

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-25 6:55 pm   Permalink

Grog,

Just read a bunch of your blog/ journal. Wishing you the best through all of this. I do know that staying positive does help healing- and hoping the doctors do their part, too! I've always asked my doctors tons of questions through a variety of procedures, I may have to steal the Bonus questions at some point.

Wishing you all of that good stuff.

David / Tiki Ano

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-07-25 8:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ano. Much appreciated.

Thanks for reading my journal.

GROG thought those were pretty good bonus point questions.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-26 5:53 pm   Permalink

Grog,

They absolutely were. You a smart... and quick caveman. Will keep on reading it....

All the best!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-26 7:27 pm   Permalink

Grog, I have been enjoying your blog. I like the fact that you are considering your surgery your second birthday. That's the way I have referred to the day I had the heart attack. It was my second birthday. It's good that you can avoid the blood thinners. I will be on Plavix for the rest of my life. My cardiologist actually told me to avoid car accidents so I don't bleed out. No joke, that's what she said. I joke that I don't really have blood anymore it's more like colored water. I have recently begun carving and I am getting more serious about it and so I have invested in good gloves and a sturdy apron just so I don't puncture myself and bleed out. I hope everything goes well for you, I am thinking of you. My father had quintuple bypass surgery and everything went just as it was supposed to and his recovery was super fast. The miracles of modern medicine are just that.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-07-26 10:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kan Tiki Mon. Better to be on blood thinners than dead. Glad you're enjoying my journal.

Stay healthy. No more heart attacks! And no slicing yourself open trying to carve.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation