FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Central Member Infirmary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Central Member Infirmary
kraken
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-13 12:13 am   Permalink

Congratulations, MDM! You're the one and only TCer
to take ATP and myself seriously re returning the blood
and gore to this thread. It seems I'll have to recount a
few of my own medical misadventures to spice things up.

But first,I promised awhile back to give my own formula
for rapidly relieving even the worst head cold. Here it is:

Get a nebulizer and fill it with colloidal silver. Spray it in
each nostril while holding the other nostril closed and
gently inhaling. Repeat as often as you feel like it. You
should feel substantial relief in a
few hours, with the cold gone within a day.

But don't use what's sold as colloidal silver in most health
food stores. That stuff is mostly ionic silver; worthless for
this purpose and likely to turn your skin blue if you drink
too much of it for too long. The only product I know of
that actually is almost pure colloidal silver is Mesosilver
from Purest Colloids in Westampton, New Jersey:
www.purestcolloids.com
If anyone knows of another non-ionic silver vendor, by
all means let us know.

And next, on to some of my own horrifying medical tales.

View Profile of kraken Send a personal message to kraken      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2012-10-13 11:13 pm   Permalink

I have no recent torturous injuries to speak of. On the tale end of a cold...but that is too mambie pambie to mention here. Today I reached into the refrigerator to remove a deli tray for my party tonight and a 6-pack of diet coke in the plastic bottles fell on my left big toe...it will be black and blue tomorrow but not gory enough to post.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis

Posted: 2012-10-20 07:47 am   Permalink

Yesterday was a challenge. Our cat had a fight 2 weeks ago and after careful examination we didn't find any injuries. We missed something small under her chin. When checking her Thursday night we found an infected wound. In the morning we went to the vet and she was rushed into surgery. Now for the next two weeks she looks like MadDogMike!

The tickets to this fight cost $550.

She's our baby and worth every cent. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-10-20 07:49 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-20 10:55 am   Permalink

Awww poor Kitty! Having to look like Maddog...poor thing.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-20 4:06 pm   Permalink

I see the resemblence!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-21 6:24 pm   Permalink

I dont have an injury but I;ve had walking poo-moan0ya for 6 weeks now. stoopid flem hacking!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-21 8:09 pm   Permalink

Dawn, what is green and carried a black bag? Mucus Welby, M.D. What's green and glides accross the ice? Peggy Phlegming

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2012-10-21 9:28 pm   Permalink

LOL...I always liked Peggy's hair style...now I will only think of phlegm.

Feel better Dawn...I am just now getting rid of the plague...the junky cough hangs on for weeks and weeks.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis

Posted: 2012-10-25 5:54 pm   Permalink

MDM you are very photogenic.

We are sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Dawn. We hope you are on the mend now.

Yesterday Dan and I donated blood for all those in worse shape than we are. Stay well by washing your hands!

Dan looking cute.

My arm looking poked!

I got faint and had to stay an extra hour with my feet up. Maybe I'm too old for this. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-15 1:07 pm   Permalink

Turns out that which I thought was skin is merely a basal cell carcinoma farm for my Dermatoligist to harvest every 3 months, I thinks she's using it to make her BMW payment

Dr Eaton, standing over me with a scapel: "So we're going to cut out this spot on your neck?"
MadDog: "Yes. That thing pulsing under the spot is my carotid artery, you want to avoid that"
Dr Eaton: "I'll see what I can do"
MadDog: "And that cartilage wrapped tube to the right is my trachea"
Dr Eaton: "OK, I'll try to avoid that too"
MadDog: "Thanks, I wasn't sure how much anatomy you guys got in dermatology school"

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-15 1:30 pm   Permalink

Those butchers! what kind of "Inquisition" trained Witch Doctors are working in that mudhut they call a hospital!

"Dr.(Bones) McCoy"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis

Posted: 2012-11-21 09:12 am   Permalink

Some scars are sexy on men so you are looking good Mike. Wendy

VampiressRN

Posted: 2012-12-12 6:33 pm   Permalink

MDM...who knew we would be voluntarily (yet with trepidation) have our skin poked, probed, and snipped at in our twilight of life!!! Sending good vibes your way.

I am heading to Occ Med tomorrow to get my messed up knee checked out...hopefully it will heal on its own. However, to add to the excitement, I am having some major allergic reaction on my face. Saturday woke up with right red cheek and it spread up into eye and jar, painful to touch...that lasted 2 days and now today it spread to my left cheek & my nose...I look like Jolly St. Nick. Must have been a bug bite or I am allergic to the Gingerbread at Starbucks.

danlovestikis

Posted: 2012-12-13 08:42 am   Permalink

VampiressRN we are so sorry to hear about your face and knee. Dan took the Norco for his post surgery pain and he itched all night so now he's trying Naproxin and the itching is letting up. I hope they do well by you during your appointment.

Dan's surgery 12-12-12. He's doing well today but I have a sore throat. I can see my tonsils. Now I have to wash my hands every few minutes so I don't give this cold to him although it may be too late to avoid. Poor guy.

Get well hugs, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-12-13 08:45 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-13 08:53 am   Permalink

DAMMIT VAMP ~ we are NOT in the "twilight of our lives"! Hope that knee heals on it's own and the rash goes away soon!
Wendy, give Dan my best Nice pics!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation