[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Big Kahuna Conquers The West Part Deux
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Big Kahuna Conquers The West Part Deux
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 07:30 am   Permalink

WOW! Another great trip. I'm getting ready to head to the airport for that long, crappy flight home. Once again, the California Ohana treated me like a king. I can't thank you all enough for your hospitality. I'll post more by weeks end, hopefully. I can't wait to come back. Thank you all so much!
Mahalo,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 10:11 am   Permalink

Great to see you out on the "Crazy Coast" Rick, really hope you had a great time
and look forward to meeting the Mrs next trip!

Stay warm in Boston, Buddy.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-06 11:10 am   Permalink

WooHooo! It's was so nice to meet you. Come back and visit Cali soon!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-08 9:30 pm   Permalink

Finally, some pics. First stop, Frankie's:

More exciting details to follow. I got a new laptop for my birthday, January 9. Damn! I missed being born on Elvis' birthday by 1:17! Anyway, the new computer allows me to download pics from my new camera, so look out, I've been hoarding pics!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 08:20 am   Permalink

Per JOHN-O's recommendation, we had dinner at The Golden Steer. Great Rat-Pack atmosphere, killer steaks & a smokon'-hot hostess. A bit pricey, but worth it. Taco-Bell, In-n-Out & the buffet at The Orleans were getting old. I'll definitely go back.

Wednesday morning, we tried to find the Aku Aku moai in Sunset Park, but they were digging the place up & we couldn't seem to locate it. Besides, I had to get to the airport for my flight to L.A. Rumpus Room, here I come!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 09:17 am   Permalink

Aaaah, the Golden Steer! One of the last classic time warp places in Las Vegas! Here are some photos I took for Pete Moruzzi's next book project:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 09:45 am   Permalink

That wasn't my hostess! I should have taken some interior shots, but the place was pretty busy & I didn't want to look too creepy!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation