FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 10:29 pm   Permalink

kiss kiss sweetie!
I'll be there for sure!
i promised Kelly i'd vend,soooooo........

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 11:36 pm   Permalink

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-22 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-19 13:32, GROG wrote:
One for Best-Looking Cookie and one for Best Tasting Cookie.

Count me in for the contest. Mine will not win for best looking cookie. They look like snowman droppings. But the taste is Mmmmmm!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 5:37 pm   Permalink

Tiki Magazine vending will be represented by two of its esteemed writer/photographers. (Gee, I wonder who those could be?) Plus, I will be bringing a bit of my Tiki overflow items to sell at this shindig. In particular... LADIES!!! I have an incredibly RARE, vintage, Alfred Shaheen dress in the infamous "International Marketplace" print! It's super-sexy, and is in practically perfect condition. Surely, this has to be on someone's Santa list! Looking forward to seeing you all. I'll be the one wearing very dark sunglasses, since I'm driving back from N. California very late the night before. Not pretty, but I'll be there.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-23 10:29 am   Permalink

All you artists, and non-artists, and anybody else who want to help spread the word about the event--be sure and save the flier to your desktop and post it on your facebook, myspace, website, blog, message forum, or whatever you have. We appreciate the help in spreading the word. Print it out and hang fliers at work. GROG going to email GROGself at work and print it out to hang up at the studio

Thanks for the help.

GROG

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 11:38 am   Permalink

I posted the event on the Surf Guitar 101 Website. I'm sure the Glasgow Tiki Shakers will be a draw for the "Valleys" in that crowd (although most Surf Music fans only spend $$ on CDs, not art or fancy cocktails ).

The Kustom Kulture Tikiphiles here should spread the word amongst that community. From what I saw at the "Tiki Highway" event at Don's, that crowd was spending major money on Tiki art.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-23 1:03 pm   Permalink

Great idea! plus the surf crowd do indeed drink don't be mistaken

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-21 23:36, little lost tiki wrote:

Did ya even try...come on! You can do better than that!!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 6:13 pm   Permalink

I'll have some time this weekend to polish off some better ones,Douggles!

Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 7:27 pm   Permalink

This "Photoshop Wars" Tonga Hut thread is always so wonderfully funny every year! Thanks for cheering me up, guys! I didn't think it possible anymore, but you did it. Thanks A Bunch!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-11-27 03:55 am   Permalink

Hurry to the Tonga Hut on Saturday, Dec. 3rd for the GRAND RE-OPENING and Tiki Wonderland.
Vendors, Live Music, Cookie Contest, and Rum tasting. (bring your Goin' Primitive wrist band.)

See ya'll then.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-11-27 21:32 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-11-27 11:20 am   Permalink

Artists/Vendors:

Vending starts at 12:00 noon, so we need to set up before that. Spots are first come first served. We are charging the artists $20 vending fee to pay for the food and live band. Vending is out in the parking lot, so you do need your own table and possibly an easy up for shade. Either that or a hat and plenty of sunscreen if no easy up. Vending ends at 4:30pm and the Glasgow Tiki Shakers start playing at 5pm.

Customers:

Kelly and Lisa-Marie will be making drinks. That two bartenders mixing drinks for a whole lot of drinkers, so please be patient for drinks, because Tiki drinks are a bit more involved in making than just pouring a Jack-and-coke or a beer.

Cookie Makers:

Get your cookies there by 4pm if you can, and we will announce the winners at the first break the Glasgow Tiki Shakers take. One winner for best tasting cookie and one for best-looking cookie. Winners get a free drink donated by the Tonga Hut, and if GROG get any Moai Salt and Pepper shakers made, GROG will donate a pair for the winners.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Screaming Lord Richie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-28 4:49 pm   Permalink

I have the same scooter as Santa!

View Profile of Screaming Lord Richie Send a personal message to Screaming Lord Richie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-11-29 10:15 am   Permalink

That was your scooter. Santa borrowed it for awhile.

We lost two and gained one. Vendors that is.

Tiki Farm is in the middle of packing up and moving to a new location, so they won't be able to vend. And kirby is in the middle of making stuff for the new Tonga Hut remodel, so he doesn't think he'll be able to finish stuff in time to vend. However, Sven Kirsten Mr. BOOK OF TIKI himself has stepped in to sell some stuff so you'll see him there in the vending area. Bring your Book of Tiki or Tiki Modern for him to sign. What!? You don't have Tiki Modern!? Well, you can get one then or buy one for your loved one who is into Tiki and/or Witco.

Then, the next day, Sunday there is the Memorial Service for Mike Adler at Don the Beachcomber about 1:30 pm, so head on down for that.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=41009&forum=17&start=120

And, while you're traveling from the Tonga Hut on Saturday or Don the Beachcomber on Sunday, be sure and stop off at the Purple Orchid in El Segundo for a drink or two. Let's support our Tiki establishments.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

PiPhiRho

Posted: 2011-11-29 11:32 am   Permalink

So when is the rum tasting going to be happening?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation