advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Grass Skirt, Columbus, OH (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Grass Skirt, Columbus, OH (restaurant)
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-17 10:16 am   Permalink

Nice mention here of Carmen Owens at the Grass Skirt.

[ This Message was edited by: rev_thumper 2013-10-17 10:19 ]

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-17 2:05 pm   Permalink

It's the only tiki anything left in Columbus, as the dreadful processed frozen food company bearing the name Kahiki doesn't count. The drinks are good and so is the decor. The food is mostly Asian fusion and I'm not a fan of that kind of cuisine. I was hoping they would try to recreate some old Kahiki classics like the Tahitian mermaid or Mahi Mahi almondine. I don't go often and don't eat the food when I do.

View Profile of Kahtiki Send a personal message to Kahtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

Posted: 2015-10-23 9:39 pm   Permalink

So much for no tv!! According to their Facebook page the Grass Skirt has been "prettied up".

View Profile of Sweetbeak Send a personal message to Sweetbeak  Email Sweetbeak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-10-24 11:28 am   Permalink

I thought the chairs they had in there before were the most uncomfortable
chairs you could put in a restaurant, Till I saw these benches.
Where would you put your coat as well, It's cold in Ohio so we often have those.

Don't know why Columbus is so in love with the person who is Cols food group.
If you look on Yelp it's not "prettied up" that this place needs.
It needs good service, good food, work on that.
If not for the great reviews that a certain group gives them this place would have
a horrible Yelp rating, as it is the rating is ok at 3.5 stars.

Here's the latest review....
1.0 star rating 10/5/2015
Went in at 6:00 with my family. Sat at a table for half hour with no service. Apparently it's more important to serve loud and drunk assholes at the bar. We left and won't be coming back.

When we went the food was good so we got another of the same and that version of the same item was not good.

The hot dog place could not even get the HOT part of hot dog right as the hotdog was cold.
And I think I got vegetarian Coney sauce on my cold dog, why is there even such a thing as
vegetarian Coney sauce?
And some people RAVE about Dirty Franks.

The owner of this place is lucky she is friends with the reviewer types and political types in this town as it maybe the only thing saving her.

I know the benches were on sale at Home Depot but nobody wants to sit on benches.
Bag the benches, and those horrible metal chairs while you are at it.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation