FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Roots Rocka's Clay Journal - New Stuff pg 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Roots Rocka's Clay Journal - New Stuff pg 11
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 09:35 am   Permalink

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for stopping by!
A couple months ago I took a cermics class to learn how to throw on the wheel. I feel like it's opened a whole new world for me to mess around with and it's taken this hobby to a whole new fun level.
Here are some more tumbler mugs and bowls that I've made on the wheel.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-09 09:51 am   Permalink

Wow, I took a whole semester of potter's wheel in college and I couldn't ever center the clay. I hand built all my projects and the teacher was not fooled. I got a C and was horrified. You are off to a great start. I sure love the hieroglyphic bowl it looks ancient. Everything looks great. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-29 3:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Wendy! Hope to see you and Dan at the next ITMP.
Here's some stuff I've been working on for the next one.

Have a great weekend!

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-29 3:49 pm   Permalink

I really like the high fire clay and glazes. You have made some bowls that look like they should be in a museum. See you on the 6th. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-01 6:16 pm   Permalink

Mike, I missed the last batch. Some great stuff in the past 2 posts. Love the petroglyph bowls and I'm a little envious of the high fire glazes Keep up the good work. See you at Mojave Oasis again?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-03 08:47 am   Permalink

Thanks for stopping by, Mike. Hope all is well.
I'm gonna try and make it to Mojave for Friday thru Saturday afternoon, but I won't know until the last minute. I'll be at Caliente for sure.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-03 10:14 am   Permalink

You've become a clay maniac! Good stuff. Keep producing.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hey GROG,
Thanks for stopping by and great seeing you at the ITMP!
Here's a few more pieces I haven't posted.
Hawaiian petroglyph of father & son fishing.

Tapa bowl in the same style.

Modern & primitive modern tapa bowls.

Turquoise coconut.

Thanks for stopping by!

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-16 10:24 am   Permalink

Hey Mike, the bowls are looking great! The Hawaiian father & son fishing is awesome. I really like the finish. Keep it up!

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bavtech
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-18 11:12 am   Permalink

Your work keeps getting better.... Awesome work!

View Profile of bavtech Send a personal message to bavtech  Email bavtech Goto the website of bavtech     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-20 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you sirs!
Here's some stuff I did this week.

I started a Moai, but he turned Marquesan.

Leaning Moai with some moko in da face.

And, re-sculpting the Shaka Rocka. I usually add, then subtract, but I'm gonna try carving this one out, only adding when I screw up. Already gotta add some back on the toes.

Some big ass toes!!!

I made some bigger coconuts with thinner walls that are getting bisque fired.
Thanks for stopping by!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-26 10:35 am   Permalink

These are looking great. Have you done more steps? Wendy

TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 3:12 pm   Permalink

Hi Wendy, I've made a little more progress on the re-sculpt, but not much.
I'm trying to carve this without adding any clay, but it's looking like I'll have to add in a few places to get the depth I want.

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 4:49 pm   Permalink

Love the tribal pots, and the tikis are looking awesome! Great stuff!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 2:03 pm   Permalink

Hey TT, thanks for stopping by.
Here's another piece I got out of the kiln.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation