FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » Condolences to Caltiki Brent "Congawa" for your loss
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Condolences to Caltiki Brent "Congawa" for your loss
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 2:26 pm   Permalink

I don't even know what to say here. This is very sad.

My condolences, and more that that, my prayers for you and your family.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 5:07 pm   Permalink

Many thanks to all of you for your condolences, which I'll pass on to my brother and family as well. My mother is the one who originally introduced me to "Tiki" when I was single-digits, with her Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman records, and trips to the Outrigger in South Laguna for Sunday brunch. She was sharp, vibrant and busy right to the end--I was in the process of scanning some slides for a whale talk she was going to give the following week when I received the news from my brother.

In the past week, we have been involved in the difficult task of trying to salvage what we can from the fire. Fortunately, there were a lot of slides and photos that were able to be retrieved (though some water and fire damaged), and some book materials (I am going to do everything I can to keep her history books on Dana Point in print). I found slides marked Hawaii, which probably include her stay at the Coco Palms in 1974, and our 1978 4-island Hawaiian vacation (which also included a visit to the Coco Palms). If so, once all the asbestos/smoke cleanup occurs and I'm able to access them from their current (safe) location, I'll scan and post anything interesting I find here as her contribution to TC.

I had tickets for my wife and I to the Tikiyaki Orchestra Dons show on Saturday, and I was initially figuring I would not go. However, after the difficult week, I decided it would be a good mental break, and I really appreciate the many heartfelt thoughts and prayers (and drinks) from the Ohana. I also remembered that I had first gone there with my mother back in the Sam's Seafood days, so there was a full-circle connection.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 6:49 pm   Permalink

It was good to see you out and about, Brent.
Sorry about the Mug in the face......

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-08 07:16 am   Permalink

Brent, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one’s. To lose them in such an unexpected and untimely manner does not seem fair. The article that John-O posted shows that your mother was a truly remarkable person. You have my deepest condolences.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 08:53 am   Permalink

Our Prayers and Sympathies to Brent and the Family

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 11:52 am   Permalink

Brent,

Once again, so sorry to hear of this terrible loss for you and your family.
She seemed like a great lady.

thanks for posting that Article John O.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation