Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Mike Adler R.I.P. 11-7-2011
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mike Adler R.I.P. 11-7-2011
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:16 am   Permalink

This morning the Tiki Community lost one of it's own. In the presence of his family and comfort of his home Mike Adler left us early this morning peacefully.

His battle with cancer was hard fought and mercifully short-lived. His attitude right up to the end was that he'll be back working at the shop in December and off to Puerto Vallarta in the Spring.

He was very happy to see all the pictures and those that contributed and attended "his party" at Don the Beachcomber back in September. When I last spoke to him he was still very interested in the happenings in the Tiki Community like how was the party? And who was there?

Mike is survived by his wife and best friend Karen, his son Dakota and lovely daughter Makenna. Please keep them in your prayers during this tough time. And please show your support in your own way AND to continue shopping at The Picture Show Gallery, their family business.

As I know Mike, I'm sure that he has already saved a table by the pool in Paradise and will be keeping an eye out and a smile for all of us.

WE WILL MISS YOU MIKE!
SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-08 08:28 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:21 am   Permalink

My condolences to the family.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:52 am   Permalink

Sorry for your loss, The Brittan family.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:59 am   Permalink

Mike will be truely missed. The suffering is over and now is the time for all to heal in this loss . God Bless you Mike . You made a difference with your presence .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-07 08:08 am   Permalink

Awoke this morning to the sad news that Mike is cancer free but not in the way we all had hoped and prayed for. Condolences, prayers and strength to the Adler family.

During Mojave Oasis, and coincidentally Mike's 50th birthday, he was volunteering at the front gate checking people in but kept running over to our trailer site chatting with Ray and I. Ray was smoking up a big batch of ribs and he spent time talking with us about bbq'ing etc. During the conversation, Mike was joking around about being 50 and said to us "You know, if I died tomorrow I'd die a happy man. I married my best friend, I have great kids and the best friends and I couldn't ask for more. I've got a great life." Such a positive, happy person that will truly be missed.

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 08:13 am   Permalink

Rest in Peace Mike.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 08:28 am   Permalink

A great guy. A great loss.
Rest in peace, Picture Show Mike.
My Condolences to the Adler family.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 08:34 am   Permalink

I'm so sorry to read this. While I didn't know Mike, my husband is currently battling cancer and words can't describe how difficult it can be.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Adler family.

<3 honey

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:01 am   Permalink

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children. So many emotions at this time - overwhelming grief, yet relief that they don't have to suffer anymore. Uncertainty of the future but the comfort of family and friends.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:02 am   Permalink

Mike's physical loss will be a hard thing to deal with.
A happy inviting face lives eternal in my memories... Mike is the best, we are blessed to know him.

Adler's, you are in our thoughts.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:27 am   Permalink

Well, damn. This is very sad news. This is the last thing I expected to see posted. I was sure Mike was going to beat cancer, and we'd be seeing him at Tiki events again.Condolences to the Adler family.

And good luck to your husband, tropical*honey.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:31 am   Permalink

My condolences to his family and close friends.
I'll remember him as always hanging out by the pool, handing out his Picture Show cups. He was just an amazing supporter of artists in the scene.
I'm sure gonna miss him.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AMIGA_TIKI

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:35 am   Permalink

My condolences to the Adler family. Mike you will be missed. You were loved by so many and many hearts have an emptiness inside today. But we know you are no longer suffering. And are watching us from paradise above. God bless you and your family.

View Profile of AMIGA_TIKI Send a personal message to AMIGA_TIKI  Email AMIGA_TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:51 am   Permalink

Sad to hear of his passing.
Happy that I got to meet him during his short stay in our world.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:53 am   Permalink

I never actually got to meet Mike, but it is very obvious he was a wonderful person from how everyone talks about him. My condolences to the family I am sorry for your loss. Having lost my grandmother due to cancer and my sister currently fighting it, I deeply empathize.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation