FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Mike Adler R.I.P. 11-7-2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mike Adler R.I.P. 11-7-2011
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:55 am   Permalink

So sad to hear this. I stopped in at Picture Show Gallery before the Tikiyaki show on Saturday. I was told that the news was bad. Mike will be missed.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 10:29 am   Permalink

Sorry to see this news. Condolences to all of Mike's family & friends.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 10:39 am   Permalink

Mike created smiles and fun wherever he went with his laughter and positive aura. He effortlessly embodied what alot of us strive to be - permanently stoked! I feel extremely fortunate to have called him my friend and that we had the oppurtunity to share some great times together. His spirit and those times will never fade from my memory. He is for sure saving us all a seat by the pool for when we will meet again! Aloha'Oe

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 11:48 am   Permalink

Why is it we always loose the good ones, way before their time?
all my best wishes to Mike's family.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 12:17 pm   Permalink

"The more you are blessed, the more it hurts when you lose that blessing."
All my thoughts are with the Adler family at this sad, sad time.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 12:41 pm   Permalink

Adler Family, I am so sorry for your loss. Mike was an amazing man, warm, big hearted, loving, we are all better people for knowing him and being friends. He will be missed and remembered well.... Love to all during this tough time..

Amy and Ray

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 3:18 pm   Permalink

My condolences to Mike's family and all of his friends. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

[ This Message was edited by: The Blue Kahuna 2011-11-07 17:57 ]

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 4:52 pm   Permalink

Rest in peace Mike. Condolences to the Adler family and all his friends.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 5:12 pm   Permalink

Condolences to the family and friends.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 5:45 pm   Permalink

We're going to miss you Mike
but will keep you in our warm memories and hearts forever.
You were one of the good ones...
Sending prayers and condolences to your family.

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-07 7:25 pm   Permalink

Had a nice visit with Karen and the family tonight. Karen is an amazing woman and appreciates all the positive thoughts and best wishes. She and the kids are staying strong together. Mike leaves behind an incredible family.

View Profile of TikiMoai Send a personal message to TikiMoai  Email TikiMoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 10:33 pm   Permalink

Inky and I send our condolences. What shocking and sad news this is!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-08 07:19 am   Permalink

I want to cry. To lose someone like this way before their time hurts. Mike was my first contact with the tiki community. Seal Beach was my hometown growing up. Over the last several years I would frequently stop in his store when I was in town visiting my mother. Mike was such a vivacious, energetic, and enthusiastic person. His personality made me want to buy all the stuff he had. Little by little my home was starting to look like an extension of his store.

The first tiki event I ever attended was at Caliente II. I do not remember how I found out about the event. I think I read an advertisement in the first Tiki Magazine I ever bought. I did not know what to expect since I was not part of the tiki scene and worried that I would be perceived as an intruder or outsider. As my wife and I entered the event we took no more that 5 steps before Mike recognized me as we walked through the pool area. He greeted us with a warm hello. He told us that there was nothing to worry about, explained how everything was and worked, and that we were going to have the time of our lives. He was right.

We will miss you Mike Adler. Heaven is going to have some kick-ass barbeques.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 08:45 am   Permalink

Our Condolences to Mike's Family and Friends...Aloha`Oe

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hidden Village
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-08 10:06 am   Permalink

Mike was one of my best friends, nobody could smile and say "Johnny" the way he did. Mike made everything fun, I already miss him.

View Profile of Hidden Village Send a personal message to Hidden Village      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation