[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Mike Adler R.I.P. 11-7-2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mike Adler R.I.P. 11-7-2011
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 11:43 am   Permalink

So very sad to hear this news, Mike was the Best!

I met Mike back in 96 or 97, shortly after getting into Tiki.
Needing to get some art from Hawaii Framed. We went down to his shop to have it done.
He commented on how cool the art was, and the nice Koa wood frames that we had to put it in.
Whenever the pics would slip a bit, he said bring them in, and I'll re-aline them no charge.
Whenever I saw him at Tiki events, he always asked how my parents were, and that I should make them come out more.

I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be framed, and I vow to have it all done at Mike's shop.
It'll just be a bummer to not see him there smiling behind the counter.
But I know the Money will be going to his family.

My deepest sympathies go out to the Adler Family and friends.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2011-11-15 11:30 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuna Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-08 2:34 pm   Permalink

Adler family, Red Patti and I are sorry for your loss. Mike was a great human being. We were luck enough to be in at Mojave Oasis for his birthday to help him celebrate his life. It's so sad the community lost one of the good ones.

View Profile of Tuna Tiki Send a personal message to Tuna Tiki  Email Tuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 5:34 pm   Permalink

I'm shocked to hear he passed so soon. I remember seeing him at the first Mojave Oasis and how optimistic he was and just how stoked he was to be with his wife (or his best friend, as he referred to her), his kids, friends, and being able to celebrate his birthday... He was such an awesome happy guy and supporter of the artists; he really will be missed...
My deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to the Adler family and his friends...<3

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 6:59 pm   Permalink

Wow, this is rough.

Adler was top notch in every sense of the word. Beautiful wife, beautiful kids and a killer shop. The So Cal Tiki community will miss him dearly. The Bamboo Ben Tribe will miss him immensely as a friend and a business associate.

A card or note might be nice to send because I don't believe Karen Adler participates here on TC. Adler's Caring Bridge site provides an address or I'm sure you can send C/O The Picture Show Gallery.

Yuh, this is rough.

Mahalo,

Mrs Boo

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-09 12:40 am   Permalink

The loss of such a dear, sweet man is such a huge blow to the Tiki Community. We will always remember his smile, and the warmth of his spirit. Mike Adler will truly be missed.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-09 12:27 pm   Permalink

The Adler family has asked in lieu of flowers to please make a donation to the following foundation www.pacificshoresfoundation.org. Mike's doctor is affiliated with this foundation. Click on the link and you will find "donations" in the left column.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sunb
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-09 7:13 pm   Permalink

Mike was always so nice to my sister and I whenever we saw him. I wish the best for his family.

Roxanne

View Profile of goddess-sunb Send a personal message to goddess-sunb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-11 11:39 pm   Permalink

Such a tragic loss of one of the friendliest and most genuine guys ever. I will miss Mike's energy and passion for life. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-15 11:13 am   Permalink

i just found out the sad news and was totally shocked and saddened. my thoughts go out to mikes family.
mike and i always exchanges alohas and fun small talk at all the tiki events. i always enjoyed seeing him and his smile. he had a great vibe about him and he will be missed.
take care......
sincerly,
tony marsico

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-11-20 09:32 am   Permalink

From Karen Adler (Mike's wife):

To all of Mike's loyal customers, friends and aquaintences,

I am writing this deeply saddened and with a heavy heart that Mike passed away on November 7th due to stomach cancer. He was my best friend, husband, and father of our two children for a wonderful 32 years. He will be missed by all who have crossed paths with him.

We will be having a memorial service in Seal Beach on December 4 at 11:30 in the morning. It will take place on the grass on the north side of the pier overlooking the ocean. If you would like to share a memory of Mike please feel free to do so. Find out more information at Caringbridge.org enter mikeadler (one word). Thank you all for being such loyal customers but most of all freinds of Mikes. He will be truly missed.

Sincerley,
Karen Adler

***There will be a reception at Don the Beachcomber immediately following the service. Light food will be served along with a no-host bar and music. Come share your experiences with Mike and show your support to a wonderful family!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-20 09:38 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-11-29 08:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

From Karen Adler (Mike's wife):

To all of Mike's loyal customers, friends and aquaintences,

I am writing this deeply saddened and with a heavy heart that Mike passed away on November 7th due to stomach cancer. He was my best friend, husband, and father of our two children for a wonderful 32 years. He will be missed by all who have crossed paths with him.

We will be having a memorial service in Seal Beach on December 4 at 11:30 in the morning. It will take place on the grass on the north side of the pier overlooking the ocean. If you would like to share a memory of Mike please feel free to do so. Find out more information at Caringbridge.org enter mikeadler (one word). Thank you all for being such loyal customers but most of all friends of Mike. He will be truly missed.

Sincerley,
Karen Adler

***There will be a reception at Don the Beachcomber immediately following the service. Food will be served along with a no-host bar and live music. Come share your experiences with Mike and show your support to a wonderful family!

With all the other activities going on this coming weekend, I thought this should be "bumped" up to remind everyone that a very active member of the Tiki Central community has left us. Mike always threw a good party and made sure everyone was happy. Karen, his wife will continue that tradition at Don the Beachcomber. So come down and celebrate Mike's life with friends and family in the Hidden Village.

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-29 08:22 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-12-01 1:51 pm   Permalink

Bump! This Sunday join us in celebrating the life of Mike Adler.

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-12-03 5:38 pm   Permalink

Bump for a special person!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation