FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » vicious virgin ltd ed mug @ don the beachcomber nov 19th!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
vicious virgin ltd ed mug @ don the beachcomber nov 19th!
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 4:36 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al and The VICIOUS VIRGIN Tiki Mug, Buy the new Crazy Al mug as the guardian for the Vicious Virgin.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 10:44 am   Permalink

Nice Roggie

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 12:47 pm   Permalink

Wow that was a fun event. It was great to get down to Don’s again and talk to all of the Tiki Central "Southern California" section members. Crazy Al's mug rocks as do the Hula Girls.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 9:15 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know if there are any mugs left? (And, if there are, how can I snag one for my collection?)
Mahalo!
Eric

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-21 9:31 pm   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2011-11-21 21:15, ebtiki wrote:[/i]
Does anyone know if there are any mugs left? (And, if there are, how can I snag one for my collection?)
Mahalo!
Eric
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing! I wasn't able to make the mug release either but saw Soccer Tiki (My Smart Loan) has one of the mugs on Ebay already for $99 auction or buy it now for like $125. I tried calling the restaurant after I saw the Ebay listing but they were already closed today. I'll try again tomorrow.

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 9:37 pm   Permalink

Yes, Don's still has the Mugs.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artsnyder
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-21 11:30 pm   Permalink

YES, YES, YES!
Almost 100 people called today, asking the same thing, and 18 more went out the door (after drinking the Vicious Virgin drink). We have about 40 left, and you'd have to be a little off to be buying a dry VV for $99 when you can get our $35 VV (with drink. Or get a friend who lives local to get it for you (he gets the drink, then) and send it. OR: write to
info@donthebeachcomber.com and ask how to get one from DTB by mail.
The Vicious Virgin WILL be worth $100 soon; but not until we have sold out of them at Don the Beachcomber!
As the world can see from the pictures, it was a heck of a party! But a few things were missing. The most important of them were the pin-ups competing for the right to have Crazy Al paint them. I suggested that the winning pin-up could paint Al. They refused, so I asked SoccerTiki and he refused also.
But our always-faithful Tiki friend "Dancing Tehani," showed up and made a great pair with Al, and they made the party swing. By the way Tehani is that stunning dancer that, with her fire act and a lot of friends puts on a variety show every few Sunday nights. You shouldn't miss it.
By the way, another thing that was overlooked in the burst of early drinking on Saturday, was the 5' high by 2' wide posters of the Vicious Virgin that hung from the walls, but were never were announced to be for sale. If you've got a good place for one, drop in and I'll give you a very good price.
And for the rest of Thanksgiving Week, we have JASON ARIMOTO one of the most admired ukelele masters today, and winner of dozens of titles in uke competitions, with us each evening this week and through the weekend. And 3 bands worth an evening: Mystic Tiger has been appearing in the Dagger Bar on Wednesdays, to a growing crowd and a lot of admiration. On Friday, THE FALLEN STARS. They are an Americana Rock band that believes a good story can break your heart and a driving guitar riff can put it back together again, all in the space of a three minute song. And on Saturday ROBBY ARMSTRONG will fill the Dagger Bar as usual, with a crowd that can't keep from dancing. On Sunday, Auntie Geri from 12-3pm with the best of Hawaiiana, followed by the absolutely best Reggae in America as Fully Fullwood and his group of veterans of Bob Marley's band lift the roof in the Hidden Village.
Come on out! It's all free! (However, you might like a cold drink to go with the music.)
Mahalo, all!
Art Snyder

View Profile of artsnyder Send a personal message to artsnyder      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 01:26 am   Permalink

Thanks Art for keeping the Tiki Dream alive in our neck of the woods!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-22 09:13 am   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2011-11-21 23:30, artsnyder wrote:[/i]
YES, YES, YES!
Almost 100 people called today, asking the same thing, and 18 more went out the door (after drinking the Vicious Virgin drink). We have about 40 left, and you'd have to be a little off to be buying a dry VV for $99 when you can get our $35 VV (with drink. Or get a friend who lives local to get it for you (he gets the drink, then) and send it. OR: write to
info@donthebeachcomber.com and ask how to get one from DTB by mail.
The Vicious Virgin WILL be worth $100 soon; but not until we have sold out of them at Don the Beachcomber!
Art Snyder

[/quote]

Good to hear we didn't miss out!! Thanks Art!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 10:51 am   Permalink

ya know...... i only have 250 of these (then the molds are destroyed!)
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug34.html

Only 100! made in Baja Brown glaze and I've got a few more then '40' of them left in this -more- affordable color/glaze.... however, they do arrive dry...

AND!! great someone dropped my name to get three! VV mugs and walked without paying!?! so i'm told...
goes by Kruze???
I'm terrible with names, maybe there is a photo of him in Rodger's or WooHoo's pics????????

Non the less...
Good Times AT DON's!! is what I say!
thanks Art!! Don Lives.

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2011-11-22 11:00 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 9:37 pm   Permalink

For those that didn't see it, DTB put a limited supply of VV mugs on eBay as a Buy-It-Now: Here

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation