FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Losing my Aloha (cautions , sever whinning ahead)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Losing my Aloha (cautions , sever whinning ahead)
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 10:46 am   Permalink

So yeah, I've been in a real funk lately. I've been out of my house and away from my bar for 3 weeks and its killing me. The spirt of Aloha is barley trickling though my veins.(more bitchin ahead) This feels like a country song but I dont care at the moment. So My cars are acting up. which mean I not going to cali anytime soon and I miss my o'hana. The EX- is really throwing down the guilt trip these last few weeks , since she feels like she has some leverage over me or sumting. I got the just cant win blues. And so on top of this,this girl i've been seeing for a few months is just coming undon, (she kinda of tweaker) I cant stand anymore shit in my life right now. O so you thing im done bitching well your wrong, I've also had to move in with my father and his wife, which makes me fell like im in high school again, always asking where im going who im going to see, Im fucking 30yrs old! I'd get my own place but Im still paying for the old place until march and that where the ex is staying. I cant even kick her out , well maybe today i could but ususally Im just to easy going and she'd sue my for everything , since im the sol-provider, this way I only have to wait till she done wit school and gets her self set up and then Its a nice clean break. There's more. I have very limited internet axcess at the moment, so im always way behind on al tc's stuff. Vegas is such a fraud of a place ppl suck here ,they're not very friendly and no sense of i dont know unity in the forms of groups. like the so-cal'er, you all feel like family, but I have a few differnt friends of groups here and they just ouit for them selves, I've always been the type to look out for othere ppl, making sure there include or whatever, not so with pl out here, If you not there o'well , you mised out.I fucking hate every one right at the moment.

Ok my Aloha is really taking a beating, i know I'll recover and I just wnated to vent, please dont respond with stupid shit, like it'll get better. I know it will , but If you got antedotes on getting my aloha back then im all ears. Anyways that for leting me vent im a little better already.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 10:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-09 10:46, hula hula wrote:
...please dont respond with stupid shit, like it'll get better. I know it will , but If you got antedotes on getting my aloha back then im all ears.

Hula Bro -- when all else fails, just think of the nutsack.

Bro, the light at the end of the tunnel is dated March 2004. Until then, I'll hold your drink for you and if you don't make it out -- I'm drinking it.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 11:07 am   Permalink

Wow Hula! That's some crazy sh*t. If I were you, what I would do, it hit the bottle. Hard. Well, that may not be the best advice. Good luck with all that, we'll see you soon.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-06-09 12:11 pm   Permalink

There's always a cold mai tai waiting for you at the Foggy Grotto. And Spam Musubi.

And there's a lot of women at the Bamboo Hut who keep asking about you.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-06-09 12:34 pm   Permalink

Hula,

Don't worry man, we're here for you. If you don't have any down times, you don't appreciate the good ones.

If you need to smile, just think about me and Poly Pop dumping $20 into that stupid pick up the stuffed animal game at Denny's during Tiki Oasis II!

No pilikia! ya brah!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 2:12 pm   Permalink

You're awfully good to her. Do her a favor and make her learn how to take care of herself. Maybe SHE'S the one who should have to find someone to move in with. What will you do with all the money you save? Move to L.A. to be with your people.

Why, I saw the nutsack just this morning. It always makes me smile.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-06-09 14:25 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 2:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-09 14:12, floratina wrote:
Move to L.A.

I second that. I was in a terrible funk myself through most of spring. As you know, my situation is kind of like yours (though not the same either, mine is luckily very amicable and supportive on all sides). I was doing great during my road trip, but the feeling returned once I got home. I can remember the moment I finally felt better, and all the crap drained away -- it was when I sat down with my boss and told him I was moving away. Now, I love my job, but I was committing to start over. It was what it took for me. I'm sure it'll be something totally different that makes it click for you, but it'll come. In the meantime, go easy on yourself, conserve your energy for keeping your life together as much as you can. Unfortunately, there's no magic bullet -- life is just totally going to suck for a while. We're all spread out, but know that you're in our thoughts. And you can call me anytime you just want someone to talk to.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 2:45 pm   Permalink

"Vegas is s uch a fraud of a place (people) suck here, they're not very friendly..." -hula hula-

Here's a nice tale about Las Vegas locals...I was gassing up yesterday, went into the slightly seedy station holding two tens, got to the cashier with just one, looked on the floor, no ten. Realized it could have been only two people who picked it up. Wondered what to do when one of the two asked if I'd dropped a ten. Much thanks on my part and much surprise on the part of the security guard (who didn't think too much of Las Vegas locals but said the guy with the ten was a good one).

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 09:12 am   Permalink

Thanks guys, pops,spike, bong,tina, martin humu and mutt, your da kind of ppl I need in my life. Its always good to vent to friends who wont judge you or tell what you need to do to fix it. I can see the light at teh end of the tunnel I just hope it isnt a train! hhahha
luv ya all lots
no worriers eh

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 09:57 am   Permalink

Furious self-flagellation.

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 12:12 pm   Permalink

Oops, I think I what I said fell into the er...telling-you-what-to-do category.

Hearts! Moons! Stars! Clovers!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 12:35 pm   Permalink

no, but seriously, hit the bottle.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

When I find myself falling into a funk I find the answer to all of life's problems can be found with my good friend Jack Daniels. Jack he's always hangin' around, Jack he'll never let me down.

Man get your ass down to So-Cal. We got the Mai Kai Gents, King Kook, The Thurston Howlies, we got The Purple Orchid, Tiki Ty, and the Lava Lounge. And believe the So-Cal natives will make sure you're never drinking alone.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 8:40 pm   Permalink

One word-HOOKERS!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 10:43 pm   Permalink

Hula- nothing can be as bad as the way you looked walking back to your room at Oasis3 on Sunday a.m. when I was in the smoker out back. Dude, bail on Vegas! Too many murdering crack heads there!!! There's plenty of Aloha out here especially in Carson. (does that make sense?)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation